PDA

View Full Version : Good news for once...

Chikky
03-30-2008, 11:29 PM
A while ago, I wrote asking for prayers and good thoughts. I was having medical problems for a year and a half, and was frustrated.

Well, we finally found out what was wrong with me: Gastroparesis. In general, it means that my stomach muscles stopped working to process food. I now take medicine a half hour before I eat anything. But it's ok. I have an answer, and that's ok. I had to have one more test that I feel will come out fine; I'll find that out tomorrow.

Thank you all for your prayers and thoughts. I still need them; it's not over, I still have some bad days... But now they are not every day.

Thank you.

saracidaltendencies
03-30-2008, 11:42 PM
I'm glad to hear you've finally found out what's been wrong and have medication to help you!

Hoping for the best for you and that you see positive results soon. :hug:

Jan in CA
03-30-2008, 11:49 PM
Finding out what is wrong is half the battle. I'm so glad you have an answer! I hope the meds work and you start to feel better! :hug:

KnittingNat
03-31-2008, 02:22 AM
Glad to hear you're getting back on track :hug: I'm sure you'll have many good days :muah:

PurlyGyrl
03-31-2008, 08:59 AM
:hug: Good to know they finally figured it out. The mediciation works wonders. My mom suffers from gastroparesis--her doctor says its more common than you think especially with diabetics (she is a diabetic). The hardest part is getting her to remember to take the pill before she eats which is difficult to do being a diabetic--she HAS to eat off schedule sometimes because of blood sugar drops. But all in all it does make her fell better.

msoebel
03-31-2008, 10:37 AM
YAY! An Answer! An answer that seems like it might provide some relief and some closure to a rough year!

I am so happy that someone figured something out! That' s awesome!:muah:

vaknitter
03-31-2008, 01:51 PM
Well, at least you have an answer and can start gathering information and moving on. A co-worker of my mothers was diagnosed with that over the summer ! I had never heard of it before him so I did a ton of research. I have included one of the links I thought had some good information on it. He was able to recover and has since gone on to take a mission trip overseas. Best of Luck !!

http://www.digestive.niddk.nih.gov/ddiseases/pubs/gastroparesis/index.htm

Sewing Angel
03-31-2008, 09:02 PM
I'm glad you have a diagnosis. I'm sure that alone makes you feel better! I hope you see more improvement. I read about this last summer. I am almost certain my Mom has this. She is diabetic and her blood sugar is not well controlled. I am going to print out info from the link vaknitter posted. That was great.
Angel

Dangles
04-01-2008, 05:41 PM
Glad to hear you have answers now. :hug:

dustinac
04-01-2008, 05:43 PM
:hug: I'm glad you have an answer...I hope you feel better soon!!