PDA

View Full Version : Winter Mountains Scarf from Knit Ponchos, Wraps & Scarves book

Simply_Renee
03-31-2008, 01:18 PM
Has anyone attempted this?

I did over the weekend- found a review on Amazon that the cast on # of stitches was wrong (OK, figured that out) then the chart was different than the written instructions (OK, went by the chart)

On row 13, I gave up and frogged it. The # of stitches wasn't matching. I looked on Ravelry and no projects for that.

Where do you find errata for books? I googled it but didn't come up with anything. I was working really carefully, counted and recounted and it just wasn't adding up. I would just like some input that this wasn't newbie error- I was doing it exactly as written and it was still not working.

Mirl56
04-02-2008, 09:37 AM
Try looking at the publisher's website, might be something there. Or maybe the author has a website.

Try looking up the book at amazon.com and read the reviews if there are any. Maybe someone commenting on the book says something about errata or where to find errata.

Mirl56
04-02-2008, 09:50 AM
oh, you did the Amazon thing already (sorry! missed dthat).

Can you contact the designer thru Ralvery?

Simply_Renee
04-04-2008, 03:17 PM
I didn't think of that, but you may be right- I didn't think to look for her on Ravelry.

Hopefully I won't get a "stupid newbie, you knitted it wrong..." The cast on # is DEFINITELY wrong!

Simply_Renee
04-04-2008, 03:36 PM
I didn't find the book author- but I did find another gal who was knitting it- she has the smiley with the straight line for it. I messaged her.

biirrd
04-17-2008, 08:29 PM
Hi Marilyn...I found Ravelry....and added my name to the list! Maybe in a couple of weeks.....Must be a pretty good site to have over 7,000 that want to join! I'll look forward to being able to poke around and see waht I can find for the Max yarn. Thanks for your help!
Robin