PDA

View Full Version : what can i knit with this...

twoxover
04-01-2008, 08:52 PM
when i bought the box o' yarn from ebay, it came with two skeins of Plymouth Yarn Handpaint Wool....both from the same dye lot. I haven't been able to find any information on the 'net about it...but it's a pretty chunky wool that is labelled 2 stiches =one inch on 15's....and it's supposed to be good for felting. i only have two skeins, each 60 yards...good for 120 yards total.

i thought if i could find a bag small enough, or simple enough, to knit and felt, i'd give it a go...

thoughts?

betsey(remember, i've only done scarves!)

Cynamar
04-02-2008, 01:15 AM
A small bag, scarf, or pair of slippers would be nice.

Wildfire
04-02-2008, 05:45 AM
Small bag does sound good. Have you thought of knitting up a hat with it?

twoxover
04-02-2008, 07:46 AM
i have given a thought to a hat and will probably go that route....it seems most bag patterns i am finding call for way more than the 120 yards i have <grin>

of troy
04-02-2008, 09:43 AM
are you on ravelry?

one of the best features of ravelry i think, is looking up a yarn, and seeing what other have knit with it--you can see how big a scarf you can make--or how much you'll have left after knitting fingerless gloves (enough to trim a hat and scarf? or enough to make a gaiter?
or ???

you might have to search for hours on the internet to get the same information!

walmin22
04-02-2008, 09:48 AM
This this the yarn you are talking about.........

http://www.personalthreads.com/newsite/colorpages/title.cfm?mfr=Plymouth&title=Handpaint%20Wool