PDA

View Full Version : Josh

Knitting_Guy
04-01-2008, 11:41 PM
An Applebee's bartender told me a while back that I had inspired him to try knitting. Honestly, I thought he was full of it.

Tonight he told me that he had bought some needles and yarn and had given it a try and liked it.

His mother is a knitter so he has some great instruction. I also told him about KH and hope he joins.

With any luck we have not only a new knitter in the world but also a new KH'er.

While at Applebee's I felt like I was mobbed by knitters as several of the people there came over to check out my alpaca vest project and talk about knitting.

All in all in was a lot of fun.

lelvsdgs
04-01-2008, 11:48 PM
That is so awesome! Converting new knitters where ever you go!

Jan in CA
04-02-2008, 01:01 AM
That's fabulous, Mason! I haven't knit in a restaurant yet. Maybe someday. ;)

Wildfire
04-02-2008, 05:41 AM
Wonderful! If only people came up to me when I knit in public. It's always great to hear stories about knitters introducing others to the craft =)

WandaT
04-02-2008, 07:06 AM
Mason, you meet the neatest people! It's awesome to hear all the knitting in public stories and the common bond it gives us.

twoxover
04-02-2008, 07:42 AM
mason-
you are just the best! btw...i can't wait to see the vest!

betsey (my dad is a retired otr trucker...)

Eccie
04-02-2008, 07:50 AM
That's great. Hope we see him soon.

Newbie2Knitting
04-02-2008, 08:38 AM
Ahhh, but did he ask if he could do a few practice rows on your vest? ;) JK. I really enjoy hearing your stories about everyone you meet. I've never had anyone approach me while KIP. I apparently look too mean with all my pointy sticks.:evil:

Abbily
04-02-2008, 08:50 AM
Mason, that's so cool! My brother Nathan is an otr trucker, I have got to get him into knitting. :) I imagine it might get annoying to be that mobbed when you're trying to knit, though!

Knitting_Guy
04-02-2008, 08:51 AM
I imagine it might get annoying to be that mobbed when you're trying to knit, though!

Nah I didn't mind. They're good kids.

Gina V
04-02-2008, 09:04 AM
That's cool! I have enjoyed reading your stories too! I've only been knitting a couple of months and while i haven't inspired anyone to learn to knit I have inspired a few knitters to pick up their needles again after leaving them for awhile.
Look forward to seeing the vest!

Simply_Renee
04-02-2008, 09:18 AM
I've heard if you convert a certain number of people to knitting- you get a free toaster, right? :cool:

cindycactus
04-02-2008, 09:56 AM
I've heard if you convert a certain number of people to knitting- you get a free toaster, right? :cool:
Yeah Mason. Maybe a couple free gallons of diesel!!!:roflhard:

Sewing Angel
04-02-2008, 03:45 PM
I always look forward to your stories! They always bring a smile to my face.
Angel

Plantgoddess+
04-02-2008, 04:51 PM
It sounds like you're practicing what the Yarn Harlot calls missionary work. Converting people to knitting one at a time.

ecb
04-03-2008, 08:25 PM
It sounds like you're practicing what the Yarn Harlot calls missionary work. Converting people to knitting one at a time.
OOh ooh ooh, does this mean in some small way I can be a missionary?? Wow, I was accused of being a saint once (someone who know my eldest daughter) and now a Missionary
Life just gets STRANGER and Stranger

if you knew me, you would clink glasses with me and LAUGH

ecb

Silver
04-03-2008, 09:24 PM
I often tell my husband how he should learn to knit, and how if Mason can proudly knit in pubs and restaurants and truck stops all across the country, then he can KIP too.

He still won't budge. Hmmph.

Congrats on another convert Mason. If you're ever in Jacksonville FL, can you try to convert my husband too? :D

ArtLady1981
04-04-2008, 02:36 AM
Mason, I love to hear about your travels! With being OTR so much...places like Applebee's must feel like a home kitchen filled with friends! Good for you! Keep the adventures coming our way! We live through you! ;)

auburnchick
04-04-2008, 11:22 AM
Good for you, Mason!

This week, I had a couple of people ask me about knitting. My son had swim team tryouts, so we had nothing to do for an hour and a half. Well, I had my knitting, and I was working on charity baby blankets. After telling the story of the blanket project, a couple of people expressed interest in either learning or renewing their affair with their needles. I tend to be kind of quiet in public, so this has been a good way for me to start chatting with some of the other parents.

Miss Kittie
04-04-2008, 12:48 PM
Love reading your stories..
The only place that I have knitted or crocheted in public is at the doctors office/ hospital..
Maybe it's time to expand my horizons.:teehee:
Can't wait to see your vest!!

chesagrey
04-04-2008, 10:38 PM
OK this is it, i'm taking my knitting to the Harrisburg dog show on the 12/13 of April. i have one of the 6 mo puppies entered and one of the 1 1/w yo entered. i'll see which gets more attention, the puppies or the knitting! Maybe Mason is a magnet for wanna be knitters, let you know if i do as well!
Kat

Cynamar
04-04-2008, 10:53 PM
You're a knitting missionary. I'm dying to see this vest.

Knitting_Guy
04-06-2008, 07:01 PM

:rofl:

Knitting_Guy
04-06-2008, 07:03 PM
If you're ever in Jacksonville FL, can you try to convert my husband too? :D

Can't convert the unwilling :rofl: