PDA

View Full Version : Weird Pattern Request: Gun Case

melbell
04-03-2008, 01:32 PM
I just bought a handgun and I would like to knit a little "cozy" or case for it. I want it to be shaped so that it sorta hugs the gun.

Has anyone ever seen a pattern like this anywhere?

Jan in CA
04-03-2008, 06:50 PM
I saw two on Ravelry, but both were personal patterns. You may have to come up with something on your own, too.

Mirl56
04-04-2008, 03:52 PM
http://www.classiceliteyarns.com/pattern_detail.php?patternID=54
In a way, the idea reminds me of these knitted fruit cozies, especially the banana At least it may give you an idea how to start designing your own custom fit.

melbell
04-04-2008, 04:50 PM
Here's a very rough sketch of what I'm thinking of.

Think, sew same letters together fold on the dotted line.

I'm thinking I would have to start at the top of the picture and then do decreases for the trigger area and then finish off with the narrow part.

I have no idea if I can get this to work or not...I'm fairly new to knitting so I can do only basic stuff.

(see attachment for picture)

knitasha
04-06-2008, 11:07 PM
Not a gun person myself, but just a thought --
If you bought the handgun to defend yourself,
do you really want to waste time wrestling it out of a cozy
if there's an emergency?

LRHBeads
04-07-2008, 04:29 PM
Your relpy made me laugh out loud! :roflhard: I guess she could just shoot right through it. Let's hope she never has to take it out of it's cozy for anything, but cleaning.

melbell
04-07-2008, 05:28 PM
Not a gun person myself, but just a thought --
If you bought the handgun to defend yourself,
do you really want to waste time wrestling it out of a cozy
if there's an emergency?

Imagine what you just said, but with a visual of a big burly man pretending to reach for a purse and saying with a lisp, "hang on mister robber while I unzip my homemade gun cozy and shoot you" and you have the exact response my husband had.

I wouldn't have it on there while I was carrying the thing...just for when it's in storage or whatever

I think I may have just been bored...I have since found myself a new project and as soon as the yarn and needles get here I'll be making a blankie for my nephew...I may come back to this thought someday though...who knows!! :D