PDA

View Full Version : A Good knit day.

Nobones
04-04-2008, 04:07 PM
This year I promised myself I'd do more knitting in my knit time and less looking online. Today was a really good knit day, I got out of the house and knitted. I went to my local park, took a flask of coffee (and the hubby, can't seem to get rid of him!) and just knitted while looking at the lake. I got a fair bit done without the distraction of the computer or other things. There was just one problem, it was bloody freezing!

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a51/mikebull/100_0134.jpg

It was really windy, so I didn't stat out that long but it was really nice to knit out in the fresh air, I haven't done that before.

Any one else do a lot of knitting outdoors?

sue in canada
04-04-2008, 04:12 PM
Glad you were able to enjoy the outdoors. It may be cold but at least it wasn't raining! Nice pic by the way.

knovice
04-04-2008, 04:17 PM
I like to knit outdoors during my kids' sports games and practices. Poor you, though, with the cold weather in April! I am spoiled by our mild Northern California winters (last year I had to make myself fingerless gloves because my hands were getting a little cold in the "frigid" 50-degree January mornings).

I guess the flip side of that, though, is you have a much longer season in which to wear the knits. My kids have approximately one sweater per each day of the year when they might need a sweater.

Jaxhil
04-04-2008, 08:47 PM
That sounds wonderful! I knit outside frequently while my kids play in the yard-in fact I did so today. I didn't stay out long, because we had a bit of gusty, cool winds and I neglected to wear my sweater.

knovice, I know what you mean-we don't have as many opportunities to wear snuggly sweaters, either...outdoors is definitely one of my favorite ways to knit, though!

LilHuskiesFootBallMom
04-04-2008, 08:51 PM
i like to sit on my porch swing and knit....

Nobones
04-05-2008, 04:25 AM
i like to sit on my porch swing and knit....

I asked Hubby today if we could get a swing for the garden so I could sit out and knit!

Sue don't you go knitting outside without some sort of survival suit on! (and I think it's cold here!)

gingerbread
04-05-2008, 06:40 AM
Oh LilHuskiesFootBallMom I do the same thing with the weather getting nicer here I sit on the porch swing and knit. One summer I got a great tan trying to learn how to knit socks. The only thing was I was tan on the front side of me. I was totally white on the backside.:roflhard:

ritaw
04-05-2008, 08:38 AM
Awww Ellie , You looks so cute in that picture . I love what you have done with your hair :)
I am glad you managed to get out and enjoy some knitting at the same time .
Whatever you do , do not go and knit in the park tomorrow . Snow is coming apperently .
i do not want to have to come up to Newport to defrost you lol:roflhard:

mwhite
04-05-2008, 09:35 AM
LOL! Ellie, you're soooo cute! And totally bundled up! And you look like you're really enjoying yourself, that's the best part. I'm like Knovice and shiver in the 50s, what a winter wimp I am!

Plantgoddess+
04-05-2008, 09:49 AM
I went out in Feb and sat on my deck surrounded by waist high snow and enjoyed the 40+ weather. I was even able to go out without a sweater. Hasn't been nice enough since to do that. It's snowing this morning again.

WandaT
04-05-2008, 10:32 AM
It was somewhere around 80 deg here on Good Friday and my DD wanted to go to the beach (she couldn't find any friends to go with her ...). I had started a washcloth the night before so I took that. Finished it while sitting on the beach. It was the first time I had done that - definitely not the last time! :)