PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone made the Oat Couture Ruana?

ARiley
04-10-2008, 06:34 PM
And if you did, did you like it? The only photos of it online have it draped on a hanger -- I can't tell what the construction's like or imagine how it looks on an actual human body (what with the 3d thing, you know.)
Thanks!

Mirl56
04-12-2008, 07:52 AM
I checked on Ralvery - while there are several people who are or have made it, there weren't any actual photos of them wearing it.

Did you try a general google serach for it? You might come up with a blog reference to it and the blogger might have a photo of it being worn.

ARiley
04-13-2008, 12:14 AM
Thanks, Mirl, I have done a general google search for it -- and just keep coming up with the one photo that they advertise it with. Maybe I'll just have to knit the darn thing and post my own photos!!!

Once my ravelry invite comes around, I can check with those folks there & see how they liked it.

and how about that furry friend of yours? What a cutie!

Mirl56
04-13-2008, 07:53 AM
Oh, thanks! That's Hawkeye. He's a big old mute - his Mom is a Great Pyrenees and his dad is a Bernese Mountain Dog.

ARiley
04-13-2008, 06:57 PM
I decided to go with another ruana pattern, right off the Lion Yarns website (but not the one they call a ruana). It's the Urban Wrap . I'll post when I've got progress to report. . .