PDA

View Full Version : FO Shrug and Tube top

scout52
04-12-2008, 06:23 PM
This is the Bare Necessities Tube Top and Shrug from Vogue Knitting Holiday 2004 Takhi Stacy Charles Advertising Section

I did it in Patons Classic Merino in Aran. this was one of my first projects for MYSELF. when I got back into Knitting I kept knitting for everyone else. this is an old FO that I finally took a picture of. I obviously can only wear it on the weekends when I go out. let me know what you think

mrw441266
04-12-2008, 06:50 PM
Thats adorable! It looks great on you too!

mhansen
04-12-2008, 08:17 PM
Very cute!! P.S. I need a body like that.

Jen17
04-12-2008, 08:32 PM
That is beautiful!! If I didn't have stretch marks, I would make one in every color and I wouldn't just wear it only on weekends, lol!!!!!!

Jen

bambi
04-12-2008, 10:41 PM
It's really beautiful! I like the shrug you posted the other day, too. They all look great on you.

Bambi

dustinac
04-13-2008, 02:02 PM
:yay: It looks great!!

knit2btied
04-13-2008, 02:06 PM
Wow, great knitting & fitting!

mwhite
04-13-2008, 02:11 PM
Love it! My figure flew out the window years ago, but it looks fantastic on you!!!

auburnchick
04-13-2008, 02:26 PM
Oh wow! That is an awesome tube top! The cables are gorgeous with the yarn!

You know...the next time my daughter tells me that knitting isn't cool, I'll show her your FO. It's quite obvious that you are hip, my dear.

GREAT job!

scout52
04-13-2008, 03:17 PM
Auburnchick, its funny that you say that. I show people the same one when they tell me knitting isn't cool,ie why would a somewhat young somewhat stylish woman knit. Then they all want me to make them one. I always like to say, I'm not your grandma so its not gonna be your grandma type of knitting. :)

Cynamar
04-13-2008, 03:18 PM
My daughter doesn't get why you would knit when you coud just buy something. Whose kid is this???

ritaw
04-13-2008, 03:43 PM
WOW !!!! Stunning :)

scout52
04-13-2008, 04:19 PM
My daughter doesn't get why you would knit when you coud just buy something. Whose kid is this???

WHAT?!?! that is just blasphemous. just kidding. hopefully one day she will get it. I will be heartbroken when i have kids and they won't want to knit.

bobi1218
04-13-2008, 05:30 PM
Cute!! That looks terrific on you!

auburnchick
04-13-2008, 06:14 PM
Auburnchick, its funny that you say that. I show people the same one when they tell me knitting isn't cool,ie why would a somewhat young somewhat stylish woman knit. Then they all want me to make them one. I always like to say, I'm not your grandma so its not gonna be your grandma type of knitting. :)

You are so right! I use one of two booga bags as my purse...I just switch them out as I feel like it. People cannot believe that it's one of my knit projects.

This weekend, one of my daughter's soccer teammates asked me about my purse, and when I told her I made it, she asked me to make her something. She wants a pair of socks. I was working on a sock at the game, and that's how she decided what she wants. I told her there were two rules...1) No being sarcastic, and 2) She had to genuinely want a pair. She marches to the beat of a different drummer (or else she has just extremely good taste). She assured me that she was sincere. Guess this is the one time my dh won't complain about me buying yarn! My daughter is somewhat shocked. :teehee:

Anyhow, back to the topic of your thread (sorry I kind of hijacked it)...

With the warm weather on its way, you wear that top proudly! You'll be a walking billboard for hip knitting! :thumbsup:

Hygiene Mama
04-14-2008, 12:02 AM
That's very pretty! Good Job!

Cynamar
04-14-2008, 12:20 AM
The women in my family--aunts, cousins, mom, sister, Nanie (grandma)--we all love to make things. Maybe they switched her at the hospital.

Your set is gorgeous. Great job!

KnittingNat
04-15-2008, 03:26 AM
Uh-ha, you look fantastic! And the top and shrug are beautiful too:teehee:

McKnitty
04-15-2008, 05:48 PM
oo-la-la! I don't normally like tube tops, but those cables are gorgeous. That is a very nice set and I think it would look good either for dress up or casual wear.

Debkcs
04-16-2008, 03:19 AM
You look good in everything you model, and the tube top is no exception. Very nice!

(Yes, yes, I'm jealous, sitting here eating my liver because my once sveldt figure went the way of mini skirts and 8-tracks!)

scout52
04-16-2008, 01:09 PM
Thanks everyone for the compliments. You made me feel so nice. I had a couple crappy days healthwise so everybody keeps complimenting me sure brings my spirits up. what would I do without this board. :grphug: :grphug: :grphug: :grphug: :heart: :heart: :heart: