PDA

View Full Version : spinning on knitty gritty

Mulderknitter
04-13-2008, 07:13 PM
did any of you see the last episode of knitty gritty? It was all on spinning, and gosh did they make it seem easy! Now I want my own drop spindle so I can spin too!:yay:

bethany
04-13-2008, 07:38 PM
I just did my first drop spindling (is that a word?) today. It was way fun! Jump in, you'll like it! Here's a pic of mine...diamond in the rough? My cat LOVED the fiber, so she'll get a kitty bed cover I think out of this. :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/20782829@N08/

Mulderknitter
04-14-2008, 09:03 AM
ok, maybe this weekend I go get a drop spindle. My lys has them. And I finish my master's this weekend, so :woohoo: I get to go back to crafting on whims again!

Debkcs
04-14-2008, 01:05 PM
You finished your Masters? Congratulations! That's way cool, you deserve a whole spinning wheel, not just a drop spindle! What is it in? Will you be working in the field? (A lot of us aren't working in our degree field :aww: ) What a wonderful accomplishment!

Mulderknitter
04-14-2008, 01:37 PM
You finished your Masters? Congratulations! That's way cool, you deserve a whole spinning wheel, not just a drop spindle! What is it in? Will you be working in the field? (A lot of us aren't working in our degree field :aww: ) What a wonderful accomplishment!
:woot: Thanks! I am getting my degree in Health Care Management. Yes, I am working as a billing supervisor for a HMO, so it is my field, weird, I know:zombie:
I may work up to the wheel, but I want to make sure I like spinning before I spend that kind of $$

bethany
04-14-2008, 08:05 PM
congrats! It's such an accomplishment to finish your masters! Good for you! Get an inexpensive spindle, go at it and NEXT week get the wheel! LOL!

Mulderknitter
04-14-2008, 08:08 PM
congrats! It's such an accomplishment to finish your masters! Good for you! Get an inexpensive spindle, go at it and NEXT week get the wheel! LOL!
Goodness, thank you! I MAY have to shop on ebay for a wheel!

KnittinMitchie
04-18-2008, 04:51 PM
I just bought my first wheel :) and I also have a high whorl drop spindle. I need to finish spinning what I have on my spindle before I move to the wheel next week. If you are looking for some good fiber check out Woodland Wool Works. They are a very good source. $2/ounce for fiber is a good price :)