PDA

View Full Version : Yarn suggestions for Central Park Hoodie?

PCwombat
04-13-2008, 07:23 PM
So, I got the CPH pattern, and I'm considering making it eventually. Only, I have no idea what yarn to use. I've read it runs small, so it seems my best bet is to make the 52" size. Only, according to the pattern, that requires almost 3000 yds! I did find a FAQ online where the writer of the pattern does say that it actually does need about that much yarn.

I definitely am not buying the recommended yarn, seeing how it would cost over $160, so I'm asking if anyone has any suggestions. I'm really not a big fan of acrylics, so that's out.

Thanks!!

redheadrachel
04-13-2008, 08:02 PM
I used Cascade 220 and I loved the results. Check it out on Ravelry to see what other people used :)

knitqueen
04-13-2008, 08:03 PM
I used Knitpicks Swish Superwash and it turned out great! It's such a soft yarn, 100% merino, washable, AND a great price.

As far as sizing, I too had read that it runs small but I went with my actual bust size when choosing, and it turned out great except that the sleeves are a tad snug. I'm happy I went with the size I did though.

redheadrachel
04-13-2008, 08:08 PM
Yeah my sizing turned out fine, especially after blocking. I got gauge, but it still had to be blocked well. The sleeves were a bit snug, too, but the sizing is fine. And mine used less yarn than I expected :)

GinnyG
04-13-2008, 08:24 PM
Lambs Pride Worsted is only $4.25 a skein for 200 yds at discontinuedbrandnameyarns.com
I have made two with it and it works up nicely. It is wool and needs to be hand washed.

Cynamar
04-14-2008, 12:08 AM
I bought the pattern for when I'm more experienced. Note to self: make sleeves bigger.