PDA

View Full Version : Well I did it

Eccie
04-16-2008, 11:09 AM
I knit in public for the first time this morning. My mother had a dentist appt and needed me to drive her there and home so I knitted while waiting. One woman looked over when i first started and I could see her sneaking glances every now and then but she didn't say anything and I was too shy to start a conversation :)

Cynamar
04-16-2008, 11:16 AM
Aw, she was just jealous! I'm so proud of you! I figure that once I nursed in public I could do almost anything else as long as I was dressed.

Knitting_Guy
04-16-2008, 11:22 AM
:thumbsup:

auburnchick
04-16-2008, 12:10 PM
Aw, she was just jealous! I'm so proud of you! I figure that once I nursed in public I could do almost anything else as long as I was dressed.

:roflhard:

I knit everywhere...soccer games, orthodontist appointments, school functions.

Jan in CA
04-16-2008, 01:47 PM
I remember the first time...it was a little scary. Now, I'm more used to it and I do see people sneaking peeks at what I'm doing. :teehee:

Cynamar
04-16-2008, 01:50 PM
I think I might hold off at soccer games because Julianne is weird but dance class is a definate!

Dangles
04-16-2008, 01:50 PM
:thumbsup:

The first time I ever did that was at my local Starbucks.

Cynamar
04-16-2008, 01:52 PM
I would take small projects on the train to work and nit outside at lunchtime.

knitgal
04-16-2008, 02:37 PM
I get some weird looks because I guess people aren't used to seeing younger people in their 20s knitting. I have actually had many compliments on my knitting when I am in public, so I like the ego boost!

Koehnae
04-16-2008, 07:22 PM
I just knit in public for the first time a month ago... in a maternity ward waiting room. My friend was in giving birth and I was out in the waiting room knitting socks for the baby! I got several comments and compliments on my work. It sure is an ego boost! It has encouraged me to not be so shy about my knitting.

Eccie
04-17-2008, 06:28 AM
Yeah, it did give me a little ego poof. I was using DPNs even lol

gingerbread
04-17-2008, 06:34 AM
I take my knitting everywhere I go. Not that I go anywhere but to the doctors lately. Yesterday I was in the waiting room of the hospital, while my dh had another kidney stone broken up. One woman I heard her say to her dh sit here so I can watch. I was doing the Irish Hiking Scarf for my granddaughter. I think a lot of people watch us knitting and don't want to say anything. Oh well there loss.:roflhard:

:waving:

heatherg23
04-17-2008, 01:00 PM
Eccie,

I feal ya!!

Just the idea of doing it (knitting of course:) ) in public makes me uncomfortable. I wouldn't want people looking at me either.

Good for you!
Heather

cindycactus
04-17-2008, 01:42 PM
Yeah, it did give me a little ego poof. I was using DPNs even lol

Wow. I bet the watcher was impressed! Good for you. :clink:

scmomof4
04-18-2008, 07:50 PM
Well done!

Many years ago a gal talked about gathering up the bits of time in our lives and making something bigger out of them. Her example was keeping post cards in her purse and jotting notes to people when she got stuck in a line somewhere.

My bits turn into a sweater, scarf or vest. I have sat through too many meetings in which others were vastly enthralled with the brilliance of their own speech. The only thing that kept me from screaming was the knowledge that while the blathered I was knitting the most darling jacket.

I am always startled when people tell me that they don't have the patience to knit. My thought is that I don't have the patience NOT to knit.

Eccie
04-19-2008, 05:13 PM
exactly!