PDA

View Full Version : Sublime Patterns - got any feedback?

flippab
04-17-2008, 08:48 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm getting hooked on Sublime big time but before I commit to some great purchases I'd love some feedback.

Specifically I'm lusting after the Asymmetric Wrap in 604 and the Angora merino long sweater on the cover of 605. Has anybody been there - done that? I'm wondering how these would go on non-model types.

I'm after a long cardigan or sweater but not one that's gonna make me look like a front-row-forward (I think that's footballer to you people)

Thanks so much! :)

Cynamar
04-17-2008, 10:29 PM
What is Sublime?

flippab
04-18-2008, 06:01 AM
Sublime is a company that make beautiful wool - sorry, yarn - and pattern books. I love them because they're quite contemporary and have beautiful lines. I think it's a UK company :)

Cynamar
04-18-2008, 08:46 AM
I read Miss Marple novels. I know you guys call it wool. I like that. I'm going to look up Sublime now.

flippab
04-21-2008, 08:14 PM
Ah, close - as in former Mother country close, not geographically close - I'm Australian! ;)

It's weird calling it yarn but I'm getting used to it.

Cynamar
04-22-2008, 02:44 AM
Yeah, it gets confusing here as we say wool only if the fiber is wool. I guess you have cotton wool. But you shoud call it what you are used to.

Debkcs
04-22-2008, 04:15 AM
You two are hilarious, keep posting!

The 'wool' thing got me too for awhile, but it's the same in Canada, where a lot of our friends live.

Sirdar Spinning, LTD. makes a wool called Sublime that is a cashmere merino silk aran, that is sublime. One of the nicest yarns I've worked with, except Malabrigo of course.

Cynamar
04-23-2008, 01:29 AM
I'm rethinking the meaning of the phrase "pull the wool over her eyes" now.

boo1
04-23-2008, 10:00 AM
know the ones you mentioned. Might go by there later and see.

Everything I've seen in their books is pretty and of course the yarn is wonderful! Happy knitting!

Belphoebe
04-24-2008, 01:13 PM
I :heart: LOVE:heart: Sublime! A lot of the patterns I've seen are really pretty too. Next time I'm at my LYS I will have to look at them in more detail. I have a feeling most of my economic stimulus check will be spent at my LYS. :woot:

Cynamar
04-24-2008, 06:52 PM
Mine has to be spent catching up on necessities but I am going to get the Options set.

flippab
05-05-2008, 02:16 AM
Boo1 - I have a kitty that looks a lot like yours - her name is Blossom - it was love at first sight at the RSPCA and we're living happily ever after!

Time to dive in methinks. I'm all set to knit the Garbo cardi in Venetian Green, mmmmn. It looks classic without being old-fashioned. I'll decided on short or long sleeves when I get to them!

I've also done a couple of the rosy posy beanies for friends' newborns and they are so gorgeous it's unbeleivable. My booties however don't look quite as nice (read symmetrical and neat) as the photos in the book *sigh* c'est la vie. There's no point crying over knitted wool...

Happy knitting everyone :)

GiddyKnitter
05-05-2008, 05:46 AM
I have 4 Sublime books now and I absolutely LOVE their yarn. They have a Cotton Baby out and the colours are lovely and its soooo soft xx