PDA

View Full Version : Oh My...

eladine
04-18-2008, 03:41 AM
Well, some of you may have read and kindly commented on my lacy baby jacket that I finished off the other day.

Yesterday I gave it to my sister... (to try on the bump...)

D'oh.

This morning - she's gone into labour! And, yes, she's blaming me!

:woohoo:

Early!!! She's about a week early from her due date, as it's baby number 2 I guess that's not really surprising...

But what is surprising is that my sis does something - early?!!!! Lol!

KnittingNat
04-18-2008, 04:22 AM
I hope everything will be just fine! Maybe you can help women that are way over due date:teehee:?

Cynamar
04-18-2008, 08:45 AM
Don't let it get around. Every pregnant woman in the country will be lined up to try your baby sweater on their bump. COngratulations, Auntie!

mwhite
04-18-2008, 09:19 AM
LOL! I know you're excited! Sounds like you mighta mixed some castor oil in with your blocking water! Congrats, Auntie!

dustinac
04-18-2008, 09:22 AM
But what is surprising is that my sis does something - early?!!!! Lol!
:rofl:

:woot: YAY!! Congrats!!

scout52
04-18-2008, 01:00 PM
Congrats!!!!

CountryKitty
04-18-2008, 01:24 PM
Congrats!

Jan in CA
04-18-2008, 01:52 PM
:teehee: That's so funny that she went into labor when you told her she could now that it was finished! :roflhard:

Hope all goes well!

eladine
04-18-2008, 05:27 PM
Thanks everyone, Well the update is that she's spent the entire day in "relaxed" labour. I use the term "relaxed" tentatively to all those of you out there who have been through labour! ;)

Just had a call that she's gone back into hospital, and so fingers are all crossed.

Having spoken to her, she's not sure whether to blame...

1) Me for said baby jacket...
2) Her hubby for announcing to a roomfull of people that they "never do anything early"
or 3) the Dr Pepper she drank last night... (the non-diet variety!)

The poor child was probaby high on sugar and caffeine after she drank that!

Lol... Anyone remember the Dr Pepper ad's "What's the worst that could happen?" :roflhard:

Dangles
04-18-2008, 05:30 PM
LOL! I know you're excited! Sounds like you mighta mixed some castor oil in with your blocking water! Congrats, Auntie!

:teehee:

Congratulations, to you as auntie, and to your sister and her family.

feministmama
04-18-2008, 05:33 PM
I :heart: baby stories. This is such a good one! I hope everything turns out OK, crossing all my crossables :balloons:

eladine
04-18-2008, 06:26 PM
Well there you go...

Just had a call from my mum, at about 10:10pm, a baby boy appeared....

A BOY?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We don't "do" boys!!! (Up to know all our lot have been girls!!)

Lol, anyway, big welcome to Joseph, hopefully mum and baby will be home in the morning!

I'm going to get some sleep!! mwah-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!!! (that's an evil laugh btw, in anticipation of all those sleepless nights that are coming up!)

Lol

Thanks for your kind wishes everyone.
x

ETA - what is remarkably spooky, is that it's their eldest child's birthday today - she's 3 years old, so they'll share a birthday date!!

Cynamar
04-18-2008, 06:28 PM
Uh...what color did you make this jacket?

Cynamar
04-18-2008, 06:28 PM
Welcome to the world, Joseph!

eladine
04-18-2008, 06:32 PM
Lol... YELLOW!!!!

A fairly safe colour I think! I'll make him some blue trousers to go with it!

;)