PDA

View Full Version : FO-Pink Champagne Dress

scout52
04-20-2008, 03:06 AM
This is Pink Champagne originally from August 2007 Magknits. Its for my twin sister. Its done in 100% silk from Colourmart.com. It is divine against the skin!! I modified the original pattern a bit because my sister wanted to be able to wear it to work by making the back closed instead of keyhole. they were done on size 4 needles.

but now that i see the finished product it may be still a bit racy for work. so she asked you all to take a vote and let us know if it is too racy for work or if we can get away with it since we are little. oh and let me know what you think. her work is business casual and she is a graphic designer.

GinnyG
04-20-2008, 06:25 AM
Well, it's beautiful and you did a great job and your sister has an adorable little figure but the Mom in me says WEAR THAT TO WORK:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Where doees she work???????

knitnj
04-20-2008, 07:25 AM
my vote..too sexy for work. A nice dinner out...sure == absolutely!
fantastic job!

Cynamar
04-20-2008, 07:46 AM
I guess it depends on where she works. An office-NO. Church-no. It foes look great, though. Good job!

The.Knitter
04-20-2008, 08:36 AM
Fantastic job and wow she has a gorgeous figure. The pink looks wonderful with her olive skin. However, I just can't picture that dress being a work dress. I think a night on the town, a bar, a romantic supper, but nope, I would not wear that to the office.

Having said that, I want to tell you I think that was a pretty major piece of work and you did a really good job with it. It looks wonderful on your sister. She is so tiny!

Oh how I remember those days!!!

dustinac
04-20-2008, 08:36 AM
:yay: it looks great...I agree with going out but prolly not to work...:teehee:

knitgal
04-20-2008, 08:53 AM
Beautiful dress- great colour. That must have been a lo of work.

sue in canada
04-20-2008, 08:53 AM
Looks great, very pretty colour and fantastic fit. I would agree with the others, not for work.

GiddyKnitter
04-20-2008, 10:17 AM
It's stunning. Don't think it would be suitable for work though. Just laughing to myself if I wore that to work I would probably give my patients a heart attack!!
Especially with my figure xx

tootie44
04-20-2008, 11:16 AM
Wow, that is really beautiful, and a lovely figure too. I don't think it would be appropriate for work though, unless it is really liberal and casual.

ritaw
04-20-2008, 12:32 PM
Beautiful !

Ginnyb
04-20-2008, 12:55 PM
This is beautiful! What a lot of work that must have been and you did it wonderfully! Wow! Sorry, but I have to agree with the others, a little too much for work, unless maybe she wore a jacket over????
Ginnyb

Jan in CA
04-20-2008, 02:08 PM
Beautiful, but definitely not for work. Work clothing should be somewhat professional even in a casual environment IMO. They can be a little sexy with peeking lace from a cami though.

newamy
04-20-2008, 02:20 PM
It is a great dress. I like the color. It's nice she can get away with wearing something like that.

But not at work...unless she had leggings and a shawl to cover up a bit..lol.

scout52
04-20-2008, 02:22 PM
Thanks for the comments. That's what I figured. she works at a pretty casual place since she is a graphic designer for a holographic paper company, with a warehouse attached. (oh yes I make Dunder Miffllin comments All the time). Maybe i will knit a matching shrug or jacket to go over it. but she can definitely were this on the weekends.

phisch
04-20-2008, 03:32 PM
That's gorgeous! The color is awesome on her. I'm with the "Not for Work" crowd. However...you said you're both small. It would work with an overskirt of some kind. It might be a bit snug around the hips to work as a tunic, but maybe not?

feministmama
04-20-2008, 04:37 PM
Yeah maybe a black jacket to go over it, and if it were a wee bit longer then it would be OK for work. Then at night you can take the jacket off and va va va voom :eyebrow:

bambi
04-20-2008, 09:38 PM
Gorgeous dress and it looks great on! I must concur that I wouldn't wear it to work.

Bambi

InterNette
04-20-2008, 10:38 PM
Your certainly a talented knitter. I think you did sensational on that dress and your sister is movie star body beautiful.

Cynamar
04-20-2008, 11:11 PM
Knit that gal a burkha!

jeanius80
04-20-2008, 11:14 PM
it's very beautiful. i agree it's not work appropriate (maybe if it was a few inches longer) The fit is fantastic!

campbellmom549
04-21-2008, 12:28 AM
Beautiful job! The dress really looks great and I love that color on her.

Debkcs
04-21-2008, 01:10 AM
Great dress, and it looks terrific on her, but if you want any work to get done by the guys, it stays home. They're wired to look, and look they will. Probably run into desks and drop things!

boo1
04-21-2008, 08:55 AM
And what I wouldn't do to have the figure for it......

That is one head-turner!

Beautiful work!! :yay:

msoebel
04-23-2008, 09:41 AM
Absolutely gorgeous and looks awesome on. Probably looks too good to wear to work. I think it's the length. I don't know if she has to sit down, kneel down or bend over at her job...but all of those things could create a problem in a work environment in that dress.

Puddinpop
04-23-2008, 10:40 PM
Cute!! If you like getting a lot of attention, from the guys, positive attention, from the women, watch out. I say don't wear it to work. For after work, it's great.

BonnieBj
04-23-2008, 11:02 PM
The only way she could weat that to work would be to wear a skirt over it that buttons up the front - then she could show off some of the bottom part of the dress. But she's gorgeous and it's gorgeous

KnittingNat
04-23-2008, 11:59 PM
What a stunning dress:passedout: And your sister has gorgeous figure:thumbsup: I wouldn't wear that to work, but to a romantic date - definitely!

ArtLady1981
04-25-2008, 10:50 PM
:passedout: !wow! :passedout:
I'd say, take pity on the guys at work...and wear a sack on that sexy little figure! :teehee:

Wonderful knitting! Wonderful color!

Jen17
04-27-2008, 09:00 PM
Gorgeous! What a lot of work and very well done!

Work, hmmmmm:?? If there are guys there they will be:whistle: and the women may be doing this:psst: and I am doing this:waah: because I haven't been able to wear a dress like that for 25 years!:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

But if she can get away with it...go for it, you are only young once!

Jen:knitting:

HamaLee
04-28-2008, 09:51 AM
That looks great. Probably a leetle too tight/short for work. But I bet she could get away with it in a casual-funky environment if she put a pair of very slim black pants underneath it. :thumbsup:

Binkyman99
04-30-2008, 06:42 PM
gorgeous dress.......gorgeous figure (so jealous!) but I would not wear that to work. Would have to be a little longer maybe and with a wide belt???

ah
05-04-2008, 08:48 PM
Wow, that is stunning!

Holydust
05-07-2008, 10:59 PM
She could wear that to work with minimal "hairy eyeball" from jealous coworkers by adding one thing -- totally opaque, capri white or black tights (the kind that are cloth, not nylons). Then it's more like a shirt-dress than just a dress, and I think a lot more conservative. :D

LittleGirlBusyBee
06-20-2008, 12:52 AM
What a fit!!! You must be some kind of a god to get a fit like that. It looks better than tailored and store-bought too. KUDOS
The only work it suits is romance :aww:

domiknitrix
06-20-2008, 09:23 AM
That dress is FIRE!!! You did a wonderful job. Love the color and definitely the fit. PERFECT. However, I am not sure it is for work. Unless it is a casual friday and maybe a jacket with it.

auburnchick
06-20-2008, 09:50 AM
Scout, what a terrific knitter you are! Such good taste in yarn too!

It's stunning!

:passedout:

susi
06-20-2008, 10:41 AM
that dress is sooo georgous, and knitted so beautifully.

i love it totally love it.

as for work, i must confess im going to go against the crowd here and say she's got a georgous figure and looks great in the dress. id sling a longer jacket over and wear it with no problems. but hey im someone that had a pt job in a night club and used to wear mini skirts there, so prehaps not the best person to ask :aww:

georgous though totally beautiful

susi

GirlChris
06-20-2008, 02:18 PM
Great dress, you did a great job on it. The color is really nice.
I would definitely keep it for the more casual outings rather than work. I am going from the perspective of a fat old wife whose DH works with gorgeous young girls and I don't even like that. If I came in to his work and saw a coworker wearing that I would be livid and would immediately dislike her even though she may be nice as pie, you don't want people to ge tthe wrong idea about your intentions ykwim? Hey nothing wrong with looking hot and enjoying the figure you were either born with worked for or both but there's a time and place for everything. Like I like tosay a this work, "save it for the Christmas party missy" :wink:

Hygiene Mama
06-22-2008, 10:12 PM
That's gorgeous, I wish I had the body to wear that! But, I agree with most of you, too racy for work....