PDA

View Full Version : german anyone? (rainbow sock pattern, help!)

boyforpele13
04-20-2008, 04:33 PM
so magknits went down as i'm sure everyone knows and i have ONE rainbow sock completed and bought two balls of KP's Felici to make another pair and NO PATTERN! ACK! The designer has posted it on her website, but currently only in German... anyone care to translate? PRETTY PLEASE? teeheee.. i really only need the short row pattern section, with the w&ts... or if someone can just tell me what Knit and Purl and W&T is in German, I could probably figure it out...

or does anyone still have a copy of the pattern saved to their computer? help!

thanks!

the german version is here: http://www.stricknadel-und-co.de/patterns/regenbogen.pdf

Jints
04-20-2008, 05:07 PM
It would appear many of the Magknits patterns can no longer be accessed in the web archives.:nails:
BUT I have a saved copy of that one. (The original English)
Is this the bit you want?
Short row section:
At the beg of the rnd, k2, turn work, work turn st (see Notes), p3, turn work, work turn st. Knit to previously turned st, knit tog both loops of turned st, k4, turn work, work turn st. Purl to turned st, purl tog both loops of turned st, p4, turn work, work turn st.
Continue in this manner, working 4 more sts before turning on every row, until there are only 4 sts left unworked at end of row (RS). K3, turn work, work turn st, purl to turned st, purl tog both loops of turned st, p3, turn, work turn st. Now work 2 rounds over all sts, knitting together both loops of the last turned sts. Note that the beginning of the round has shifted from needle 1 to needle 3.
Work short row section a total of 4 times, or 6 times for a longer leg. On the final round of the leg, stop 2 sts before the end of the round (that is, leave 2 sts unworked on needle 4).

boyforpele13
04-20-2008, 08:02 PM
that is the part i needed, thank you so much!!!!