PDA

View Full Version : new kitten

susi
04-21-2008, 09:47 AM
i havent been able to get on here in ages as our computer didnt take kindly to chilly con carnie being tipped over it. i only get to use my brothers laptop when hes home. then the adsl box has been having an epi on me so its been no net for ages. just before christmas i brought in 6 feral kittens. last week 1 gave birth to the cutest (in an ugly way hehe) smokey coloured kitten. bit of a troublesome birth but still we now have this adorable little might.he/she is called scooter. mum and scooter are doing brilliantly even after the fun and games we all had when scooter was born. i will post some pictures when im on the net at home, right now im at an internet cafe.

susi who is waiting for yet another kitty cat to 'help' with the knitting hehe

Silver
04-21-2008, 12:22 PM
Congrats on the new kittens! Can't wait to see the pix! :)

Debkcs
04-21-2008, 02:05 PM
Babies are so fun. Put your knitting in a plastic box, then all they can do is practice climbing on it.

Kudos to you for taking in abandoned animals!

Mulderknitter
04-21-2008, 07:05 PM
:waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving:
Hello?? Where are the darn pics????:hair: :hair: :hair:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
04-22-2008, 02:34 PM
Kitty pics!!!!!
When I found 2 kittens under my porch, XH and I couldn't tell how to tell the genders apart... if you look at their bottoms, the males look like a colon : and the females look like a semi-colon ;

Cynamar
04-23-2008, 01:34 AM
Congratulations on your new baby! My brother once had two kittens under his porch, too, and apparently he needs a biology lesson. He named them Elvis and Priscilla. Last Mother's Day we were visiting when Elvis started having serious problems--which ended in three kittens. We're not sure if the father was Priscilla, Laverne, or Shirley.

Rabbitrescuer
04-23-2008, 10:11 AM
i havent been able to get on here in ages as our computer didnt take kindly to chilly con carnie being tipped over it. i only get to use my brothers laptop when hes home. then the adsl box has been having an epi on me so its been no net for ages. just before christmas i brought in 6 feral kittens. last week 1 gave birth to the cutest (in an ugly way hehe) smokey coloured kitten. bit of a troublesome birth but still we now have this adorable little might.he/she is called scooter. mum and scooter are doing brilliantly even after the fun and games we all had when scooter was born. i will post some pictures when im on the net at home, right now im at an internet cafe.

susi who is waiting for yet another kitty cat to 'help' with the knitting hehe

I am so glad to see I'm not the only one with no willpower when it comes to animals in need of a home! I look forward to hearing all about Scooters progress in your next letter. ;)

iwouldratherbeknitting
04-26-2008, 11:21 AM
When I was a kid.. I discovered that it's pretty easy to tell the 'sex' of a kitten when they are young.. flip them upside down and look.. (of course, the little tail curls and gets in the way- see they are modest- even at that age!)

but, what I did was.. uh count the places (or bumps)
3 places = boy
2 places = girl
places = the 'private' kitty areas..

Knitting_Guy
04-26-2008, 05:20 PM
What, did it eat your camera?

Mulderknitter
04-26-2008, 06:01 PM
What, did it eat your camera?
yea what he said:waving:

Silver
04-27-2008, 11:06 AM
Why there no pix yet? Hmmmph!!! I WANT KITTEH PIX!

http://www.curevents.com/vb/images/smilies/worth.gif

BinkyKat
04-27-2008, 01:02 PM

I'll do an artist's rendering for now...
=^..^=
How's that? :teehee:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
04-27-2008, 03:15 PM
:tap:

Cynamar
04-28-2008, 12:35 AM
Whassa matter? Is it ugly?

Mulderknitter
04-28-2008, 08:14 AM
Whassa matter? Is it ugly?
Not possible to have an ugly kitty!:roflhard:

susi
05-04-2008, 08:49 AM
hehe, scooter is totally georgous.

sorry for the still lack of piccy, im waiting for my brother to lend me his camera. i've been asking for over 2 weeks now. i have no web cam on my brothers comp either (mine had chilli tipped over it, funnily enough it died).

i will get on with nagging him as i want to show off my handsome fella ( i think hehe)

susi

susi
05-04-2008, 08:54 AM
it is easy to see boys to girls after the age of about 4 weeks. at 2 weeks they are all unisex. its looking like ickle scooter is a he not a she, which im over the moon about. i find toms far more effectionate than the girly (she says having far far more girly cats than boys that are totally georgous).

im already working on my next 3 rescue ferals. 15 cats now and its growing monthly, oops hehe. least cats arent hard work i guess not like the horses

susi

tokmom
05-04-2008, 11:52 AM
Aww, gotta love kittens.:heart:

Jan in CA
05-04-2008, 06:47 PM

Exactly! :tap:

:teehee: Oh and I prefer females.. no catting around and spraying.. :shifty: