PDA

View Full Version : Poor puppy!

Knit4Pie
04-21-2008, 05:28 PM
I was at the vet's today with our new kitten and a poor dog came in. She'd been running in the back yard with her brother and raced through a cedar bush. A branch stuck her right on the inside of the shoulder. My stomach clenched to see this branch, at least 3 inches long on the outside, sticking out of the dog!

She wasn't complaining or anything and not much blood. I suppose that the branch is plugging the hole, and the owners luckily didn't pull it out, or even try to! I can't help but wonder how much went in!

Cynamar
04-21-2008, 05:40 PM
Poor baby. I hope he's okay.

Jan in CA
04-21-2008, 05:44 PM
:help: Yikes..hope the doggie is okay!

Silver
04-21-2008, 06:03 PM
Oh no!! Poor puppy dawg!

Dangles
04-22-2008, 02:20 PM
Oh no, I hope puppy will be ok.

Eccie
04-22-2008, 04:46 PM
That happend to my dog once. She was bounding through a feild of tall grass, sort of jumping as she went and came down on a fallen tree. One of the branches went right into her throat. We rushed her to the emergency vet and they removed it and sewed her up without too much trouble. She recovered just fine, except for a small place on her throat where the hair never grew back, and lived to the ripe old age of 15

bjc1050
04-22-2008, 08:35 PM
Poor baby. Hope he'll be OK. That could easily be my little yorkie. He runs EVERYWHERE...just like a 3 or 4 year old. I never see him just walk when he's in the back yard.

Plantgoddess+
04-22-2008, 08:52 PM
It's so scary when they get hurt. My dalmador has been having a run of bad luck the last year. Last summer I heard her yelp when I was out in the yard and she comes runnning up with bloody foam dripping from her mouth. Her chest was all bloody as well. I had to grab her and take her to a hydrant and run some water through her mouth to clean the blood so I could see what was going on. I couldn't find anything at first and then I notice one of her upper canines was missing. I looked again and realized it was lodged in her upper lip but hadn't gone all the way through to the outside. I took her to the vet and while he was examining her mouth he manipulated her lip and the tooth popped out. Got some antibiotic and she was fine.
Last week I pulled porcupine quills from her mouth. Fortunately there was only 20 or so and I have tons of experience pulling them from dogs, horses and cows noses. Spring is also porcupine season here.