View Full Version : Hobby Lobby Commented on My Blog

04-21-2008, 05:59 PM
I got home today and had a message that I needed to approve a comment on my blog (this entry (http://auburnchick.wordpress.com/2008/04/18/i-spoke-too-soon/#comments), but I'm not pushing you to read my blog, mind you...).

At first, I thought it was a spam message. But when I read it further, I realized that a customer service rep had responded to specific comments I had made on my blog.

The whole thing started when I went out shopping for yarn to make a comfort throw for my daughter's friend's mother, who is having surgery to remove cancer.

I was limited because of the color of skeins they had available and had to settle for whatever they had.

Here's the comment:

Hi auburnchick,

Thank you for shopping at Hobby Lobby. Our store personnel are able to special order large quantities of any item that is stocked in our warehouse. I do understand you were on a time limit. However, for the furture we can place a special order for the amount you are needing. Please see store personnel for further information on placing a special order. Thank you again for shopping at Hobby Lobby.

Chelsea Shumard
Hobby Lobby Customer Service

Isn't that interesting?!

Just thought I would share!

04-21-2008, 07:01 PM
Well, if that isn't super nice! They must have a computer thingy that looks for their name in blogs or posts. Still, very nice. Makes me feel better about buying yarn at the larger non-lys stores. thank you for sharing!

04-21-2008, 07:12 PM
Yes, that's what I figured. I thought I might have entered Hobby Lobby as a tag, but I just looked back, and I didn't. I did tag "I Love This Yarn," which is one of the yarns the store carries.

But you're probably right.

I did take the opportunity to ask her for a donation for our Oddball blanket projects. :teehee:

04-22-2008, 02:19 AM
Well, that's neat. Cool that they read it and that they responded and to know that we can order yarn there. Good for you for asking for the donation! Good thinking there.

04-22-2008, 06:56 AM
Pretty Cool!!!!

04-22-2008, 02:46 PM
cool.....It's good to know that they can special order something if someone needs it. I love that store!

04-23-2008, 10:00 AM
Cool auburn. I shop at Hobby Lobby a good bit of the time. Like their yarn selection :)

04-23-2008, 02:29 PM
I like HL too-I shop there for knitting, art and sewing supplies. Its one of my favorite places, lol.

That's cool that they responded on your blog! Who'd have thought?