PDA

View Full Version : Yarn Harlot in PDX!!

feministmama
04-23-2008, 11:33 AM
Yeah! :cheering: She was great! Too bad I didn't get to see to see the whole thing. I had my 12 year old with me and he kept saying "let's go, this is boring" and I was worried he was going to distrub someone so we had to leave early. (I saw one woman who was sitting there with her legs crossed and her foot out and a little boy who was playing nearby bumped her foot. THe mama of the boy said "excuse me" and the woman said "excuse YOU" in a real snippy tone. THe mama started to say "he's just a baby..." and the woman waved her off and was real mean. I've never seen such a mean knitter before. It was weird) There were 400 people there and they had some yummy yarn for sale from Blue Moon special dyed called Doctors without Borders and all the money went to them. How cool is that? Then they had prizes for knitting treasure hunt. One woman had 88 points! It was fun even though I had to leave early.

feministmama
04-23-2008, 11:37 AM
Oops forgot topost picture of the yarn. And here's a really bad picture I took of her with my cell phone. I hate when I forget my camera!

Simply_Renee
04-23-2008, 12:59 PM
I would love to see her- that's so cool!

I haven't met a mean knitter either- what a grouchzilla!

And where in the heck is PDX? Pardon my geographical ignorance.

Jan in CA
04-23-2008, 01:09 PM
I would love to see her someday! :yay:

Plantgoddess+
04-23-2008, 01:33 PM
Lucky you! I would love to see her as well, but I doubt she'll get any where near me.

feministmama
04-23-2008, 02:53 PM
And where in the heck is PDX? Pardon my geographical ignorance.

DOH! Sorry that's Portland Oregon for short

Momto G B and H
04-23-2008, 04:02 PM
Wasn't the yarn called Knitters Without Borders?

feministmama
04-23-2008, 06:20 PM
Wasn't the yarn called Knitters Without Borders?

Yup. I don't know if it was special for the Portland gig (since Blue moon is local) but they had lots left over so if they didn't raffle off the rest maybe they will sell it somewhere. Knit/purl? Yarn Garden? Who knows.

newamy
04-23-2008, 07:23 PM
I knew she was going to be there but I wasn't able to take time out to drive up there.:sad:

It's just as well that I hadn't planned on going because yesterday was a really bad day and I would have had to cancel plans to go had I made them.

I'm glad you saw her and had a good time.

Cynamar
04-23-2008, 07:33 PM
That yarn is gorgeous. The woman sounds like a piece of work. Maybe she is a sweetie but was having a bad day. She came home from work with a bad toothache and found her husband there with his secretary and they had eaten all of her chocolate and stolen her stash. Now, don't you feel guilty for judging her?

Tornado
04-23-2008, 08:00 PM
I miss PDX! I also miss hanging out with the PSU stitch n' bitch people!!! Tell everyone Torrey says hi.

feministmama
04-24-2008, 01:03 PM
That yarn is gorgeous. The woman sounds like a piece of work. Maybe she is a sweetie but was having a bad day. She came home from work with a bad toothache and found her husband there with his secretary and they had eaten all of her chocolate and stolen her stash. Now, don't you feel guilty for judging her?

:roflhard::roflhard::roflhard::roflhard:

feministmama
04-24-2008, 01:04 PM
I miss PDX! I also miss hanging out with the PSU stitch n' bitch people!!! Tell everyone Torrey says hi.

Hey You!!!!!! How are ya!!! WE miss you too!!!!!:hug: