PDA

View Full Version : Knitting is Contagious!

Lisa R.
04-23-2008, 11:27 PM
I have two kids who are music majors in college. Since they commute, it's easy for us to all attend their concerts--which are numerous here at the end of the semester!

Because of the potential traffic problems, and the fact that we don't like dashing in at the last minute to try to find seating for all of us together (the other 7 kids and dh and me!), we tend to arrive sometimes 30 minutes early--perfect time for knitting!

So the other day, we sat with some friends who are also music students, but in different ensembles. My dd and I were doing our usual knitting while waiting for the concert to start.

Tonight, before the concert, dd said, "Remember how [this girl] was complimenting us on our knitting the other day? Look! She's knitting!" Sure enough, across the concert hall was this girl knitting.

I spoke to another dd afterwards and she said the girl's comment was, "I saw your mom and sister knitting and thought, "Hey! I can do that, too!"

Hope the Dean doesn't get upset if the hall fills up with knitters before too long!!:teehee:

Raeknitsnwa
04-24-2008, 01:08 AM
I think its great that they are all starting to knit they can use it to relax before they play plus get to know other people they most likely would have never talked to & if the Dean gets upset hand him or her some needles & say come on I know you want to know what all the fuss is about lol

Mike
04-24-2008, 10:26 AM
I wonder what the sound hall will sound like full of knitters.