PDA

View Full Version : New Michaels store

newamy
04-24-2008, 12:58 PM
There is a new Michael's in my town. It finally opened this week and I went today. Prior to this we only had a very so-so and disorganized JoAnnes, a nice locally owned craft store and a nice LYS. I haven't visited a Michaels on out of town excursions because I won't make a long drive just to visit a craft store and because usually on out of town trips I have other things that need doing. I was last in a Michaels over 10 years ago withe my M-in-law long before I ever thought of knitting.

Anyway, today at Michaels for the first time I could see and touch the following: Lion Brand Cotton Ease, Patons SWS, and Caron Simply Soft. There were a few other things I had not seen before in person but these are the top three I hear about the most. The other stores in town only had a few Lion Brand or Patons products.

I bought some Patons Grace mercerized cotton that I have been wanting for a long time as substitute for the more expensive cotton classic to make my husband a Joey Ramone doll in the S and B Nation book. It's the only thing he has ever wanted me to make him.

I think I will be going back at some point for the SWS and the cotton ease, very tempting...

sue in canada
04-24-2008, 01:01 PM
A new Michaels store opened not too far from me last week also. I did have a quick look, very spacious and a different layout to most I have been in.

suzeeq
04-24-2008, 01:16 PM
I just looked on their site - there's one in Cheyenne now! Gee, that's only 180 miles from me....