PDA

View Full Version : Better'n Peanut Butter

Jan in CA
04-24-2008, 04:11 PM
Have you tried Better'n Peanut Butter? I got some today at Trader Joes to try. It IS peanut butter that's been defatted. Now some products just aren't worth it, but I love this! It's milder and has a different consistency, but is very spreadable. If you're on a diet and love PB sandwiches give it a try!
http://www.betternpeanutbutter.com/index.html

Click on nutrition for the stats.

evona
04-24-2008, 04:25 PM
Upon first reading the caption I thought "What could be better than peanut butter??!!" but maybe it IS worth a try. I'm going to TJs tonight and I DO need peanut butter so maybe I'll get this instead. Thanks!!! :)

mwhite
04-24-2008, 06:43 PM
Neat! Love PB and this will work for the low fat diet!!! Thanks, Jan!!!

Silver
04-24-2008, 06:45 PM
OMG I have to find some of that! I love peanut butter, but my butt doesn't need the xtra calories. Thanks for the heads up!! XO

ETA: It's at my local Super Target! :cheering:

snowbear
04-24-2008, 06:46 PM
Ok.. something must be wrong with me.. I immediately thought of peanut butter cookies, lol

mwhite
04-24-2008, 06:48 PM
Ok.. something must be wrong with me.. I immediately thought of peanut butter cookies, lol

Nope, nuttin wrong with ya atall!:teehee:

Jan in CA
04-24-2008, 07:10 PM
I always hate to make posts like this because I'm afraid someone will say YUCK! and blame me.. :teehee: It is a little less sticky with a slightly different texture, but it still tastes like mild peanut butter. Now I don't have to give it up or feel guilty if I 'splurge'. Might make a nice little evening snack! :thumbsup:

12 lbs down.. 6 or so to go... Wooooo! :yay:

evona
04-24-2008, 07:13 PM
12 lbs down.. 6 or so to go... Wooooo! :yay:

:woohoo: :woohoo:

Silver
04-25-2008, 11:36 AM
Congrats on the weightloss!! :cheering:

I bought some Better'n Peanut Butter today. I like it too!! Definitely tastes less sticky and fatty, but peanutty enough for me! Thanks Jan! :hug:

Jan in CA
04-25-2008, 11:58 AM
:cheering: Glad you like it!

knitasha
04-25-2008, 10:46 PM
Smucker's Natural comes with a thick layer of oil on top that separates out when the PB stands. You're supposed to stir it back in but I pour it off. I measured once, and there was 6 tablespoons!
The de-oiled peanut butter is rather dry, but totally peanuty tasting since there's no added sugar or salt. I like it that way, and it's great for Chinese and Thai recipes. But if you're accustomed to Jif, Peter Pan, etc., you can always add a little sugar or Splenda.

Jan in CA
04-25-2008, 11:21 PM
Whoa..that one has just as many calories and fat as regular. I'll stick to my Better'n Peanut Butter thankyouverymuch! :thumbsup:

Cynamar
04-25-2008, 11:45 PM
LOVE peanut butter cookies. HATE peanut butter. I was a weird kid. Didn't like hotdogs or bologna or white bread, either.

Debkcs
04-26-2008, 02:08 AM
I love peanuts in all forms, but they are a bit fatty, so hopefully Better'n Peanut Butter will be available here.

Silver
04-26-2008, 01:15 PM
Whoa..that one has just as many calories and fat as regular. I'll stick to my Better'n Peanut Butter thankyouverymuch! :thumbsup:
That's if you don't drain off the oil. But either way, it doesn't have any hydrogenated oils like most peanut butters so it's better for you. Peanut oil is actually a good oil, like olive oil. I have some Smuckers Naturals too, and I too pour off the oil. But this Better 'n Peanut Butter is so fabbo, I don't think I'll be buying anymore Naturals. :cheering:

Jan in CA
04-26-2008, 01:24 PM
That's if you don't drain off the oil. But either way, it doesn't have any hydrogenated oils like most peanut butters so it's better for you. Peanut oil is actually a good oil, like olive oil. I have some Smuckers Naturals too, and I too pour off the oil. But this Better 'n Peanut Butter is so fabbo, I don't think I'll be buying anymore Naturals. :cheering:

Oh okay. I thought you had to keep the oil and stir it up. I know the oils/fats in PB are good, but fat is fat and you have to watch it if you're on a diet especially. :teehee: I can almost have as much Better'n Peanut Butter as I want! :thumbsup:

mwhite
04-26-2008, 01:40 PM
And lately, everytime somebody new posts to this thread, I HAVE to make myself a PB sandwich with a glass of milk! I'd better get some or they'll have to use a forklift to get me to the fridge!

Silver
04-26-2008, 04:30 PM
Oh okay. I thought you had to keep the oil and stir it up.
Well you're supposed to stir it up, but I'm the boss of my peanut butter around here. :teehee:

So I had a PB&J sandwich with the new peanut butter and I was a little disappointed. The peanut flavor was drowned out by the grape jam. Maybe I didn't use enough PB. Have you noticed the same thing?

Jan in CA
04-26-2008, 05:46 PM
I don't like jam/jelly on PB so I haven't tried. I prefer it plain. :shrug:

jdee
04-28-2008, 12:37 PM
I like my PB sandwiches with honey instead of jelly. Would honey be too strong for this PB? Also, do they sell it at other stores? We don't have a Trader Joes.

Jan in CA
04-28-2008, 12:39 PM
I like my PB sandwiches with honey instead of jelly. Would honey be too strong for this PB? Also, do they sell it at other stores? We don't have a Trader Joes.

I'm sorry, I have no idea. I just know it's milder. :shrug: Silver might be able to give more input here since she's tried it with jam.

Click the link I gave in my first post and click store locator. :thumbsup:

KnittingCommuter
04-28-2008, 08:51 PM
I laughed out loud when I saw the subject line, and said "Nothing is better than peanut butter...absolutely nothing." This I will have to try since I LOVE peanut butter but have gained some weight lately and was about to exclude it from my cupboard 'cuz if it isn't there I can't indulge. Thanks for the tip.

Jan in CA
04-29-2008, 12:46 AM
I just realized that it needs to be refrigerated after opening so a heads up! :thumbsup:

Silver
04-29-2008, 07:44 AM
I like my PB sandwiches with honey instead of jelly. Would honey be too strong for this PB?

Silver might be able to give more input here since she's tried it with jam.
I don't know either.. I guess you'd just have to try it and see how you like it. I know it's very good by itself on toast or an english muffin, or on an apple, or just a spoonful, so even if you don't like it with honey or jam, it's good for other peanut butter uses! :)

Hildegard_von_Knittin
05-01-2008, 03:59 AM
HOORAY!!! I needed an excuse to happen to be in the area of a yarn store, and there's a TJs right down the road!!!!