PDA

View Full Version : And Another Sock Makes A Pair

saracidaltendencies
04-25-2008, 11:18 PM
I did it! I finished the socks for my nephew! It took a few days to get started on the 2nd sock because it's been so warm in the house my hands have been sweating like crazy! It cooled down yesterday and today so I worked like non stop on the sock to make sure I'd have it done before it got too warm again, so, I finished this one in 2 days as well...The only things that sucks is the yarn was a little inconsistent, but, it's not a huge deal. Anyway, here is the finished pair!

Jan in CA
04-25-2008, 11:22 PM
Those are great!!

dustinac
04-25-2008, 11:30 PM
They look great!!! :yay:

Cynamar
04-25-2008, 11:37 PM
LOVE them!!!

jdee
04-26-2008, 12:11 AM
Very nice. I love the colors. :inlove: So do you think you'll be a sock addict now that you've made a pair? :teehee:

saracidaltendencies
04-26-2008, 12:17 AM
YES!!! Ok, it's actually quite funny...Ya know when you read a really good book and it makes you kind of sad to be done with it and you actually start to miss it, like it were a friend...Well, after I took the socks over to my sister's house tonight and came back home, I looked over at my little bag with leftover yarn and my needles and actually felt a twinge of sadness! LOL! I missed those dang socks! I thought of my yarn less needles in the bag, and my leftover yarn, my handy measuring tape and crochet hook, my row counter, and my tapestry needle and like started feeling badly for them because I was done with the socks! :roflhard: Man, am I a dork or what?! Needless to say, I'm definitely going to be making more socks!

jdee
04-26-2008, 12:20 AM
:roflhard: Well, I know just the feeling, so if you're a dork, then I guess I'm one, too. :roflhard:

saracidaltendencies
04-26-2008, 12:29 AM
:roflhard:

I swear, I can honestly say this is the first time I've been sad to actually finish something! Usually it gets to the point where I just can't wait to be done (like hubby's dang sweater!) and I'll get so close to finishing then end up, for some reason, starting something else...I have so many UFO's it's sad, really...lol

KnittingNat
04-26-2008, 04:39 AM
Great pair :thumbsup:

GiddyKnitter
04-26-2008, 09:20 AM
:roflhard:

I swear, I can honestly say this is the first time I've been sad to actually finish something! Usually it gets to the point where I just can't wait to be done (like hubby's dang sweater!) and I'll get so close to finishing then end up, for some reason, starting something else...I have so many UFO's it's sad, really...lol

That's why it's important to cast on some more immediately to overcome that feeling of sadness :roflhard:

mwhite
04-26-2008, 09:43 AM
Love the colors! Great Job!

The.Knitter
04-26-2008, 10:19 AM
Great looking socks. I bet he loves them! CO right away so you don't feel a separation anxiety. Welcome to the wonderful addiction of sock knitting!

bethany
04-26-2008, 11:08 AM
they look great!

saracidaltendencies
04-26-2008, 12:06 PM
That's why it's important to cast on some more immediately to overcome that feeling of sadness :roflhard:

:roflhard: I'm going to have to!

Jen17
04-27-2008, 01:01 AM
those are great! I love the colors!

losnana
04-27-2008, 02:35 PM
Those are great I love the yarn.

Puddinpop
04-27-2008, 04:56 PM
Wow, two days, that's great. They are beautiful.

linknit41
04-30-2008, 01:55 PM
really neat socks.my last pair was of inconsistent self-striping yarn(a gift ofSockottayarn), so as Stephanie Pear McPhee says,they are fraternal rather than identical twins. but they are so soft andcozy. linknit41

ArtLady1981
04-30-2008, 03:07 PM
GORGEOUS! I love the yarn! The yarn really does it up!!!

MerigoldinWA
04-30-2008, 04:23 PM
Oooo, those are great. I love the yarn. Does it do all that from one skein, or did you change colors for some of it? Good Job!

saracidaltendencies
05-03-2008, 09:58 PM
It was all from one skein. I was really happy with the way they turned out and I LOVED that yarn! There's quite a bit of it left over and I'm knitting a pair of socks for my son now.

ah
05-04-2008, 09:05 PM
Great socks!

boo1
05-05-2008, 07:36 AM
I'm sure they'll be appreciated! :thumbsup:

auburnchick
05-05-2008, 10:07 AM
Great job on the socks!!! Feels good to get BOTH done, eh?!

saracidaltendencies
05-05-2008, 11:04 PM
Indeed! I was really afraid that I'd be less than thrilled with having to do another sock exactly the same as the first, but, I truly looked forward to it, I just loved making them!

cheley
05-08-2008, 02:13 PM
YES!!! Ok, it's actually quite funny...Ya know when you read a really good book and it makes you kind of sad to be done with it and you actually start to miss it, like it were a friend...Well, after I took the socks over to my sister's house tonight and came back home, I looked over at my little bag with leftover yarn and my needles and actually felt a twinge of sadness! LOL! I missed those dang socks! I thought of my yarn less needles in the bag, and my leftover yarn, my handy measuring tape and crochet hook, my row counter, and my tapestry needle and like started feeling badly for them because I was done with the socks! :roflhard: Man, am I a dork or what?! Needless to say, I'm definitely going to be making more socks!..been there too!!! there's a name for it PKD...(post knitting depression)!!!!!!! ha ha!!! A very wise (older) friend of mine always said "always have 3 projects going at once"...and "knit on Sunday rip out on Monday" she always had "3" projects going at once and never never knitted on Sunday:hug:

Knit4Fun
05-08-2008, 02:58 PM
They turned out great...wonderful work! Socks are pretty gratifying, aren't they??? :muah:

GirlChris
05-08-2008, 03:02 PM
those are great. I have never tried socks yet, but you are making me want to because it sounds like it was a very fun and rewarding project for you.

saracidaltendencies
05-08-2008, 11:07 PM
They are definitely gratifying! You can get them done so quickly and I was surprised at how much I enjoyed making them!

GirlChris, You've gotta try them sometime...I put it off for over 2 years and I really wish I wouldn't have. They were super easy to do, and, still challenging enough to not make me bored with them...lol