PDA

View Full Version : Toe up socks??

hartleystudio
04-26-2008, 11:09 PM
I think I am mistaken about what a "toe up" sock is. I thought it was a sock where the seam was on top of the toe instead of having decreases all the way to the end of the toes. I keep looking for a pattern for a basic sock with a seam on the top of the foot but can't seem to find one. Do they exist?

Thanks!!

Jan in CA
04-26-2008, 11:14 PM
Why would you want a seam on top? :?? That's the lovely thing about handmade socks..no seams!

Toe up socks are knit from the tip of the toe to the top of the sock. I've never actually heard of any sock that has a seam on top.

Plantgoddess+
04-27-2008, 09:19 AM
Toe up is started at the toe and knit up to the calf. Just finshed a pair and am not sure how I liked the experience after so many years of top down.

hartleystudio
04-27-2008, 09:40 AM
OOOHHHH!!! Thanks! I just thought that the challenge of knitting a toe flap and then connecting it sounded like fun. I have two little kids so knitting the calf in pattern is really hard so I thought it looked like a challenge that could be fun.

Oh well!! Thanks for the info!!

Silver
04-28-2008, 06:45 AM
If you're looking for a challenge for sock knitting, check out Cat Bordhi's book, New Pathways for Sock Knitters (http://www.catbordhi.com/NP1.html). She does some really unconventional stuff with socks. :thumbsup: