PDA

View Full Version : UK Oddball Baby Blankets

Pages : 1 [2]

Nikkilc
05-10-2008, 02:50 PM
wow Karina i hope they start to sleep in for you
they do turn so odd dont they when they get inot the teens
my daughter used to get up everyday at 5 am now i have to kick her out of bed lol

Karina
05-10-2008, 05:28 PM
That is pretty much where I am with my 13 year old daughter.

Have finished both blankets, will take a photo tomorrow and post. It will have to be done by Mobile as I have completely lost the charger for both of my cameras. it is driving me insane, I'm going to end up getting another camera and then losing the charger for that as well.

GiddyKnitter
05-11-2008, 05:09 PM
Hi Nikklc

Jelly babies and Blues Clues are ready to go off to the next knitters could you let me know who I am to send them to please xx

Nikkilc
05-12-2008, 09:17 AM
hi Pauline wow you knit fast

Pm Karina and see if she is ready for them
they are both due to go to her.

GiddyKnitter
05-12-2008, 01:41 PM
Blues Clues and Jelly Babies will be in the post tomorrow to Karina xxx

Nikkilc
05-13-2008, 05:52 AM
morning ladies, i dont know if you have seen my post on the save the children hats but Saturday i had a car accident . horrid old man reversed into the side of my car where my son was sitting. My son seems ok i have some pain in my right arm nothing major my car is hurt but i am very shook up i keep bursting into tears. i know it is shock and stress.
please bear with my i will carry on organizing the blankets just might be a bit slow for while

hope you all have a good day
Nikki

Karina
05-13-2008, 06:51 AM
I am so glad to hear that your son is OK. Nikki take it easy for a few days the blankets will still be here when you feel better. Have you had yourself checked out by a doctor? Hope you feel better real soon. all the best

Limey
05-13-2008, 07:07 AM
HIya Nikki

I'm very sorry you're so upset - you sound absolutely exhausted.

I know I've only just joined on here but I'm sure everyone wants you to rest until you're feeling better.:grphug:

I've made the start on Dolly Mixtures and put a couple of pics on here - there's no sweat at all about mailing them or whatever.

I hope you'll be feeling yourself soon.:hug:

All Best Wishes

Ellie

Karina
05-13-2008, 08:09 AM
Ellie that is so pretty. When I was knitting on the sweethearts blanket I really liked the idea of using one stitch throughout the blanket.

If everybody agree I think it would be really nice if you put a note in with the blanket telling us the pattern you used. When I knit on it I would like the textured stripes to follow on through the blanket. I think that would be really pretty.

GiddyKnitter
05-13-2008, 09:31 AM
Hi Nikklc
Please take care shock is a nasty thing. I am glad you DS is OK and cars can be replaced!

Karina
Sorry but I couldn't get to the post office today so I will try my best for tomorrow.

Limey
Dollymixtures is lovely and I agree with Karina I think it will look really nice if we all do the same pattern.

Pauline x x x

Nikkilc
05-13-2008, 09:49 AM
Pauline Karina Ellie thanks so much for your support :hug: :hug: :hug:
i am very tired,i wasn't crying to much till got Ellies card thank you that was so sweet.
it amazing how much crying helps you feel better after.
yes cars can be replaced or in this case 2 doors of my car will be replaced . it will be gone a week but good news is on my insurance i got hire car coverage :cheering:
I am trying to arrange to go away for the weekend to de-stress, ok i have been ordered to go away. i have found a nice hotel not to far from me . just got to sort out if kids are free this weekend to house and dog sit.

please send the blankets on to me they are keeping me sane. i just finished summer fun and tomorrow i am hoping to get it into the mail for you Karina.
and by Friday i will have lullaby land ready for you Pauline.

ps Ellie i even got 1/2 another hat done lol
might send them all to you for sewing up hehehe

Nikkilc
05-13-2008, 09:56 AM
forgot to add on summer fun i continued your pattern Pauline and i was planning on noting on a small notelet for karina its come out so nice all the same pattern
SO i a gree if we sometimes do all the blanket in same pattern just change colours

ps a tip always always keep a camera in your car incase your hit
helps a lot.

summer fun

Limey
05-13-2008, 12:56 PM
Hi Nikki

"ps Ellie i even got 1/2 another hat done lol
might send them all to you for sewing up hehehe"

************************************************** ********* Oo - you're not feeling at all well, are you?

You haven't seen my sewing up!:roflhard:

Glad you're feeling a bit better.

Thanks everyone for your kind comments about the Angel Cake - oops - Dolly Mixture blanket.

I've set up the blanket with some stitch markers so that the stitch changes can be followed, if anyone would like to carry on with the pattern.

If it's OK, Nikkie, I'll post the blanket to you tomorrow with details of pattern.

Best Wishes

Ellie

PS - Don't worry about crying more when you hear from me - lots of people have said they have that reaction :wink:

Shandeh
05-13-2008, 02:03 PM
i dont know if you have seen my post on the save the children hats but Saturday i had a car accident....please bear with my i will carry on organizing the blankets just might be a bit slow for while
it amazing how much crying helps you feel better after............I am trying to arrange to go away for the weekend to de-stress.
please send the blankets on to me they are keeping me sane.
You poor thing! :heart: :pout: :heart:
I hope you DO get away this weekend, so you can just completely relax for a bit. You need to let your body and mind and spirit heal. :hug:

Please let me know if I need to do anything. (And you're right....the blankets help keep us sane, don't they?) :wink:

Nikkilc
05-13-2008, 03:09 PM
Thank you Sandy
if you could find a big giant piece of bubble wrap to wrap my car in so people will stop hitting my car lol
have sorted out cover for the house and dogs just got to book the hotel now
plan is check in, go to room order room service get knitting out and chill for 24 hrs
All your kind words of support have helped loads. I know i have to take it easy for a while but knitting so helps, and the thought of baby's wrapped in our blankets makes a dark day so much better.
:hug:
Nikki

Shandeh
05-13-2008, 03:35 PM
if you could find a big giant piece of bubble wrap to wrap my car in so people will stop hitting my car lol
No such luck....but I did find a pretty picture of some bubble wrap! :teehee:

Nikkilc
05-13-2008, 03:51 PM
:roflhard:

Limey
05-13-2008, 05:48 PM
Hiya Nikki

Glad you have got things sorted for the weekend - if the bubble wrap doesn't work, I know of a bloke selling Armoured Personnel Carriers (tanks) on ebay.

Karina
05-14-2008, 05:42 AM
Nikki the blankets went out to you this morning so should be with you in a couple of days.

24 hours with nothing to do but peace and quiet and knitting sounds like heaven to me.

GiddyKnitter
05-14-2008, 09:31 AM
Nikklc
I hope you are feeling a little better...take it easy xx

Karina
I have posted Blues Clues ans Jelly Babies first class this morning xx

Nikkilc
05-14-2008, 04:33 PM
Karina i am sending you Holiday fun tomorrow
__________________________________________________ ___
Pauline thank you i feel bit better then yesterday hotel is now booked daughters b'friends grand parents looking after house and monsters and the dogs
they did wonder why i was booking a hotel just 25 mins from where i live . told them i been ordered to lol
checked to make sure they had room service they do yay
bag is packed with yarn needles hats and sewing needles

I have a new idea for another blanket to start its called Honey's lil Monster
going to start it in pale yellow with a honeycomb type stich i know
and Hugging Rainbows is another i will start it then send it to Catz next as she not had any blankets for a while
sorry about that Catz

Karina
05-15-2008, 07:28 AM
Pauline got the blankets today, blues clues are looking great. The Jelly baby feels very soft Red Heart is that another american import or did you buy in this country.
Now for some serious research into jelly babys colours, Wonder if one bag is enough.
Thanks for the sweets and the yarn can't have enough of that simply soft.

Nikkilc
05-15-2008, 09:51 AM
Karina i sent holiday fun to you this morning

good luck with the jelly baby research lol

Nikkilc
05-15-2008, 11:51 AM
Karina thank you oranges and lemons arrived safely so did sweethearts. the yarn is lovely thank you and so was the card and beads

Ellie thank you Dolly mixtures arrived today and thanks for the gift

now i got lots todo while i am away

GiddyKnitter
05-15-2008, 11:58 AM
Pauline got the blankets today, blues clues are looking great. The Jelly baby feels very soft Red Heart is that another american import or did you buy in this country.
Now for some serious research into jelly babys colours, Wonder if one bag is enough.
Thanks for the sweets and the yarn can't have enough of that simply soft.

Hi Karina
I actually used Lion Brand Micro Soft for Jelly babies and it's lovely and soft. I get mine on line from banyantreeyarns. :woot:

GiddyKnitter
05-15-2008, 12:00 PM
Hi Nikki

I hope you are feeling better. All those blankets you have received I think you are going to need to stay in that hotel a while longer!!

Karina
05-15-2008, 01:27 PM
Pauline I realize now that you put the name of the Jelly baby and not Red heart as the yarn. I have the Microspun from Banyantreeyarns. I think next time I place an order I will order a couple of balls of different yarns just to check out the other from the same company.

Nikki glad you got the blankets OK. I agree with Pauline need to book another night in that hotel to get all them blankets finished

Karina
05-16-2008, 09:07 AM
Nikki got Holiday fun this morning thank you for the pen and note book. It is so pretty, will have to hide it from my daughter she is such a theif when it comes to pretty pens.

What colours do you have in mind for holiday fun?

Nikkilc
05-16-2008, 01:18 PM
i did the bright green for fresh new grass and plants
maybe a nice sky blue or what ever you fell suits the theme

So glad you liked the set i fell in love with them too
teach her to knit and she can have one too ;)
my daughter just started knitting she says wants to get a bit better then she wants to help on the blankets yay

Catz
05-16-2008, 02:19 PM
I have a new idea for another blanket to start its called Honey's lil Monster
going to start it in pale yellow with a honeycomb type stich i know
and Hugging Rainbows is another i will start it then send it to Catz next as she not had any blankets for a while
sorry about that Catz

Don't worry about it. I can cast on the lilac blanket if you want.

Nikkilc
05-16-2008, 02:33 PM
Yes please Catz
what do you plan on calling it?

GiddyKnitter
05-17-2008, 10:36 AM
Hi Nikki
How did the little break go?
Are you feeling a little better?

Nikkilc
05-18-2008, 03:45 PM
i am back and ty Pauline for asking i feel much rested and bit more relaxed.
i got all the hats sewn up for save the children
i finished Oranges and lemons just got to pack that up for posting
started honey's lil monster
almost finished angel hugs just got 6 more rows todo
will take some photos tomorrow before packing it away i used the same coloured yarn as you pauline

Karina
05-19-2008, 05:48 AM
Nikki glad you got a well deserved rest. can't wait to see the photos.

Shandeh
05-19-2008, 11:06 PM
I hope you are all doing well.

Please let me know if I need to do anything to help with the blankets. :hug:

Nikkilc
05-20-2008, 05:35 AM
here is Oranges and Lemons just waiting to hear if Catz is ready for it

Thanks for the offer of help Sandy:)
but i have managed to almost catch up now
and the weekend worked a treat no more tears and my arm is better too so that helps with knitting.
my son finishes school on thurs so i get more time to knit and not drive so much lol
and my daughter is practicing her knitting as she wants to helps on a blanket too :cheering:
hope you all have a good day
will post more pics later

Karina
05-20-2008, 05:43 AM
nikki the blanket looks great. glad you are feeling more like your old self again. It is so great that your daughter wants to learn to knit.

My daughter tried briefly and then decided it was boring and am not interested. Hopefully when she is a bit older she may have another go.

Shandeh
05-20-2008, 10:52 AM
Thanks for the offer of help Sandy:)
but i have managed to almost catch up now
and the weekend worked a treat no more tears and my arm is better too so that helps with knitting.
I'm glad to hear that you are better! :muah:

Nikkilc
05-20-2008, 02:08 PM
completed Angel hugs

Nikkilc
05-20-2008, 02:09 PM
i will wash and tumble dry all the blankets before delivery

Karina
05-21-2008, 12:10 PM
nikki have finished Jelly Babies and am now working on holiday fun who is having these blankets after me? will try to post on friday or Saturday if the next person is ready.

Nikkilc
05-21-2008, 12:31 PM
Karina Jelly babies is going next to Catz
and Holiday fun to Pauline if she is ready for it

GiddyKnitter
05-21-2008, 12:35 PM
Im ready!!

The blankets are looking lovely xx

Karina
05-21-2008, 06:07 PM
Nikki I do not have Catz address, do you have it or should I pm Sandy

Shandeh
05-21-2008, 08:22 PM
Nikki I do not have Catz address, do you have it or should I pm Sandy
I'll send it to you. :thumbsup:

Nikkilc
05-22-2008, 12:33 PM
ty Sandy
this afternoon 1st chance i have had to get online
Oranges and lemons has been posted to Catz
Honey's lil monster has been sent to Karina
working on Dolly mixture :knitting:
Blankets are moving again yay

DQ is sending me the blankets she has, as with her loss she hasn't had a chance to knit them yet.

GiddyKnitter
05-22-2008, 12:51 PM
Hi Nikki
If you need any help with the blankets you are getting off DQ feel free to send them my way.
Today I received a package from Sandy. Some Circular needles and about 8 skeins of yarn. She also sent Little Boy Blue blanket which is gorgeous. As I send out the blankets I will send some yarn also. Is this OK with you? I will work on the blanket over the weekend and then hopefully send it off on Tuesday. Who is working on Little Boy Blue next?
Pauline x x x

Karina
05-22-2008, 01:23 PM
Nikki the same goes for me, I'll work on whatever blanket you send my way. Am I down for little boy blue?

Nikkilc
05-22-2008, 01:29 PM
Thank you Pauline thats very kind of you
once dolly mixture is finished will be sending it to you as well
soon you will have loads to knit lol
if you wish to send some yarn with the blanket that would be good
but keep some for starting new ones with too once we got a few more finished

Nikkilc
05-22-2008, 01:31 PM
yes Karina after Pauline
and ty both your both amazing:hug: :yay:

Shandeh
05-23-2008, 07:48 PM
Yay! I'm glad the package made it there! :woohoo:
Thank you all for being generous knitters for charity! :hug:

Catz
05-27-2008, 05:37 AM
I got a delivery note pushed through the door on saturday. I'm hoping its the blanket. I've organised it to be redelivered to a post office local to me as the main office for parcels is out of the way and no buses go up near there. I'll let you know when I get it on friday.

Karina
05-27-2008, 05:42 AM
Have not been able to make it to the postoffice as my son is sick. Give me a couple of days to get him up and running again and I will send the blankets out.

GiddyKnitter
05-27-2008, 12:10 PM
Hi Karina
Hope your little boy is feeling better.
I didn't manage to post Little Boy Blue today sorry.
I will definately post it tomorrow.x.x.x

Nikkilc
05-27-2008, 02:19 PM
Catz hopefully thats from me

Karina so sorry your little one is unwell. Hope he gets better soon
you should be getting a blanket from me too i posted it Friday

I took a blanket brake this weekend and knitted my 1st lace shawl
now ready to finish 2 more blankets and get them posted all being well by Friday

Hope you all had a good bank holiday

Karina
05-29-2008, 08:47 AM
Here is a photo of Jelly Babies

and a photo of Holiday Fun

for the Holiday Fun I used Elle escapade which is left over from a dress I made for my daughter. It is 100 acrylic and is lovely and soft. Looks like a bunch of flowers to me. it comes in 100g balls with 300 m on each one ball would easily make a blanket on its own and cost just over 2. just though I would let everybody know always on the lookout for nice acrylic yarns for these blankets.
BTW I do not get commission for this:teehee:

They will go in the post today

Catz
05-30-2008, 09:20 AM
I've picked up the package from the postoffice and it is the blanket you sent Nikkilc.

I've also recieved the Jelly Babies blanket today too.

I'm looking forward to working on them. Are they both worked with worsted weight yarn? Or is it double knit? Sometimes I can't tell.

GiddyKnitter
05-30-2008, 09:36 AM
Hi Catz
Jelly Babies is DK as I casted that one on. Dont know which other blanket you have. Hope your well.

Karina
Received Holiday Fun (again) today hehehe It's looking really nice. Thank you for the sweeties and also the ball of yarn. The Elle yarn you used on Holiday Fun is lovely looks like Fair Isle.

Nikkilc
05-30-2008, 05:19 PM
Catz so glad it got there safe
its double knit if i remeber right

I reveived the blankets from Dk today
i will finish off purple passion then its complete
and i will send the other one to Pauline i have another 1 for you too so will send together

its been a bit mad here todayjust got o the pc and its 10pm
i got my car back all fixed so yay
now back to knitting
hope you all have a good weekend
Nikki

Karina
06-03-2008, 04:36 AM
Sorry forgot to tell everybody that I have received Honey's lil monsters thanks Nikki for the yarn and instructions.

I have also got Little Boy Blue, thanks Pauline for the yarn and also to Sandy for sending the blanket and yarn over. The Bernat Softee Baby is lovely and soft. Think I will carry on using that.

Finished my section on Blues Clues, but looking at it I realised that the worsted weight blankets need 6 knitters not 5 so it is a section short so will add one more section to complete it. Looks to short to the width of the blanket.

GiddyKnitter
06-03-2008, 06:20 AM
Hi
Haven't we been quiet this last few days?
I have had a very sore back and a bad migraine since Sunday so haven't done much knitting :( I am going to try and get some of the Elle Escapade for Holiday Fun.
Hope your all well :)

Karina
06-03-2008, 07:59 AM
Pauline hope you feel better soon. If you have trouble getting the Elle let me know and I will get some for you. I do have a couple of balls of the purple colour way. would be willing to share with you.

GiddyKnitter
06-04-2008, 10:06 AM
Thanks Karina
Did you get yours online?
I doubt if my local yarn shop will have it he doesn't stock much Elle yarn.

Nikkilc
06-04-2008, 01:21 PM
So sorry you been unwell Pauline
hope your feeling better.
i think its the weather i had 2 migraines in past week too
glad all the blankets so far have arrived
think we are all busy knitting and not chatting much

Karina
06-04-2008, 03:06 PM
Pauline I got it from my local yarn shop just 5 miles away. are you knitting on the Honey lil monsters if so I will send some along with the blanket.

GiddyKnitter
06-04-2008, 07:31 PM
Thanks Karina that would be great xx

Karina
06-08-2008, 07:34 AM
I have finished little boy blue, who is next for this blanket? will try to post a photo later on.

Nikkilc
06-08-2008, 05:13 PM
lil boy blue and honey will both be going to pauline when she is ready for them
Catz has 3 blankets to do at mo so i have done a bit of switching

:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: to you all for knitting these blankets
been a busy weekend here as my daughter turned 18 :cheering:

GiddyKnitter
06-09-2008, 06:38 AM
Just bring it on !!!!!

Hope your all OK I should be done tomorrow with Holiday Fun.

Who is next Nikkilc??

Karina
06-09-2008, 07:49 AM
Pauline will try to get them posted tomorrow.

GiddyKnitter
06-09-2008, 10:49 AM
OK Karina thanks xx

Nikkilc
06-10-2008, 03:23 PM
Karina is next Pauline

hope you are all well

Nikkilc
06-11-2008, 04:32 PM
I am sending 2 blankets to Pauline tomorrow
yay blankets on the move again

hope you are all well

Nikki

GiddyKnitter
06-12-2008, 06:44 AM
Karina

I have posted off to you Holiday Fun this morning first class so you should get it tomorrow. Take care. x x x

Nikkilc
06-12-2008, 09:12 AM
just to let you all know i will be a bit slow for next 2 weeks while i make my daughter's prom dress and a gold jumpsuit( dont ask lol) for my son's scout camp.

there is some news in the pipe line and as soon as its all confirmed will let you all know
cross your fingers;)
take care and happy knitting
Nikki

GiddyKnitter
06-13-2008, 07:50 AM
Hi Nikki
I have received the blankets this morning Thank you for the little gift xx

Shandeh
06-13-2008, 04:15 PM
Hi everyone! :waving:

Just wanted to post a quick message. I remember that at one time, some of you were wanting to work on a blanket that would have a design knitted in, with lots of color changes.

I had said that I would add a fabric backing to the blanket for you. Just let me know if you are still doing that. I will be happy to add the back and a border for it. :thumbsup:

Karina
06-16-2008, 06:51 AM
Pauline got Holiday fun thank you for the yarn. I think I am the 5 knitter on it so am I last on the list? I have been delayed in sending out your blankets but hope to have them in the post this week.

Have to go pamper my 13 year old daughter as she stabbed herself in the foot yesterday with one of my dpn's and is unable to walk on the foot. we have been to the Dr and got some antibiotics for her.

GiddyKnitter
06-16-2008, 10:19 AM
Hi Karina
Don't worry about the blanket just look after your DD. Hope she is OK.
I hope she didn't bend your needle when she stood on it :0

Karina
06-16-2008, 11:02 AM
No don't worry the needle is fine, was a size 4mm, it did penetrate quite a bit and was bleeding so she is suffering quite a bit. would never have thought something like that could happen so will have to keep all my needles way out of reach of my 2 year old who loves to play with them.

Nikkilc
06-20-2008, 03:28 PM
So sorry to hear about your daughter Karina hope she gets better soon

this is the 1st time in a few days i have been able to access this web site my isp wouldnt let me connect

GiddyKnitter
06-22-2008, 12:26 PM
Hi everyone

Hope you are all well. Sorry to say I haven't finished the two blankets yet!
Hopefully I will be able to finish them this week.
Take care
Pauline x x x

GiddyKnitter
07-07-2008, 04:04 PM
Dolly Mixtures/Loving Hearts are ready to go.
Who is next Nikklc?

GiddyKnitter
07-13-2008, 09:31 AM
Hello fellow knitters

Hope you are all OK...I am getting a little worried as no one is answering my mail:(
I have 2 blankets done and 2 to do.
If anyone is out there please PM me xxxx

Shandeh
07-14-2008, 03:06 AM
Hi Pauline!

I'll send a private message to everyone, just as a friendly reminder. Maybe everyone is taking vacations? :think:

GiddyKnitter
07-14-2008, 07:14 AM
Hi Sandy

Your right maybe everyone is away on holidays xx

Nikkilc
07-14-2008, 05:25 PM
Hi all am back now kids are away on holiday so peace for a week

i have had pc probs as well

We have a specialcare unit who would love our blanket its where Pauline works so all finished blankets to go her please.

Pauline send them both to me please

hope were all well
Nikki

GiddyKnitter
07-15-2008, 08:07 AM
Glad your back!
I have PM'd you re blankets.

GiddyKnitter
07-20-2008, 04:56 PM
Nikkilc

Thankls for the pattern for Honey's Lil Monster xx

Nikkilc
07-25-2008, 04:45 PM
On Monday i am sending Pauline 2 completed blankets:cheering:
waiting on 2 to come from Catz too

Once we are cought up we can start some new ones if everyone wants to do more?
Let me know
Nikki

Anyone else finding it so hot too hot to knit :sad:
Hope your all well

GiddyKnitter
07-26-2008, 09:09 AM
Hi Nikkilc

Hope you are well.
I have finished all 4 blankets now so I will be posting them to you on Monday.

Hope you are well.

Hugs xx

bajanKnit
07-27-2008, 11:36 AM
Hi everyone have been watching this for awhile now and have decided to join in please let me know what is required.

Alicia

GiddyKnitter
07-29-2008, 04:40 AM
Hi Alicia

Nikklc is organizing things for us so if she hasn't already been in touch I would send her a PM.
Glad to have you on board...we are only a small group so we need all the help we can get.
Pauline x

Shandeh
07-29-2008, 10:40 PM
You GO Pauline! 4 blankets accomplished. :cheering:

Nikkilc
08-09-2008, 11:13 AM
Pauline i have posted the 2 finished blankets should arrive tuesday

keep the needles for the next batch of blankets
and the gift is for you:hug:

Karina did i send you a message the other day?

Karina
08-09-2008, 01:51 PM
No have had no messages

Nikkilc
08-09-2008, 04:30 PM
Thanks Karina i though i either had messaged you and deleted it or i was going mad lol
was going to ask if you were ready to take 2 blankets that need more knitting on them.

Nikki who isnt going mad just daft lol

Karina
08-10-2008, 06:17 AM
Nikki send them over and I will get working on them right away.

GiddyKnitter
08-10-2008, 02:56 PM
Hooray the blankets are on the go again!!!!
Come on girls lets get cracking and turn out some cute preemie blankets :0)

Shandeh
08-10-2008, 03:09 PM
Yay UK! :cheering: :woohoo: :cheering:

GiddyKnitter
08-12-2008, 09:15 AM
Hi everyone
I have received the first 2 completed blankets from Nikki this morning.
Hope this is the first of many :0)

Karina
08-12-2008, 12:57 PM
are you going to post photo's before giving them to the hospital? Would like to see what they look like all finished.

GiddyKnitter
08-12-2008, 02:50 PM
Yes I will wait until I get a few more then I will post photo's :0)

Shandeh
08-13-2008, 06:50 PM
Yay! It's nice to see the UK blankets going again. :)

Nikkilc
08-15-2008, 04:06 PM
Hi All
sorry been a mad week with good and bad news
Karina ur blankets will be going to post office tomorrow will arrive tuesday .

Good news is my daughter got her Alevel results and has got into the University she wanted and starts studying Law in Sept .

The bad news we received at the begining of the week is her best friend was killed in a climbing accident in Europe last weekend, it has been in the press he was the Scout leader called Thomas.Its been a hard week as you can imagine but she is getting there.

hope you all have a good weekend
Nikki

Karina
08-19-2008, 08:38 AM
I am sorry to hear about your daughters friend. Well done for getting good results and starting Uni.

I did get a note through the door today while at the dentist that I have a package to pick up. did you sent it recorded? will pick up later today.

I am just waiting for my DH and kids to come back from the airport where they picked up my brother. Is going to be staying with us for two weeks. The kids will be very happy to see him, and I just know he will drive me crazy. I do love him though.

GiddyKnitter
08-20-2008, 12:17 PM
Hi Nikki

I am so sorry to hear about your Daughters friend.
Well done to her on getting in at University I bet you are really proud.
Take care lots of hugs xx

Nikkilc
08-21-2008, 10:47 AM
Thank you both i am so proud i dont know how we did it . keep saying must have dropped her on her head as a baby lol
glad blankets arrived safe

will start sorting new blanket ideas out at the weekend as BajanKnit is ready to join our happy group.

take care all
Nikki

Karina
08-22-2008, 07:57 AM
Am I the last knitter on the Little Boy Blue blanket. I am beginning the 5th stripe. This blanket is for the preemie babies, right? If it is I think it will be big enough with 5 four inch stripes. I will do a crochet edge around it.

Have finished Loving Hearts blanket and crochet a row of single crochet and then a row of half double (I think US terminology) in white.

GiddyKnitter
08-22-2008, 07:59 AM
Great news Karina 2 more blankets for our little pile :0)

Shandeh
08-23-2008, 03:30 AM
Am I the last knitter on the Little Boy Blue blanket. I am beginning the 5th stripe. This blanket is for the preemie babies, right? If it is I think it will be big enough with 5 four inch stripes. I will do a crochet edge around it.
Yippee! I started that little blanket back in May. cloud9
5 sections sounds just right, Karina. :)
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3233/2472563750_4f7715b093.jpg

Karina
08-23-2008, 04:05 AM
Sandy I am using the same yarn as you started the blanket with. It is so nice and soft.

Got a couple of more repeats to do then it will be done. Will probably finish it today.

Shandeh
08-23-2008, 06:49 PM
I LOVE that yarn. It just feels WONDERFUL. cloud9

GiddyKnitter
09-01-2008, 07:07 AM
Whats happened to our blankets ladies? :((

Karina
09-01-2008, 02:16 PM
Pauline I need to edge two blankets then they will be on their way to you. Sorry for the delay, my brother have been visiting from Denmark for the past two weeks so things have been a bit up in the air. He went home today and kids start back at school tomorrow so I will have a bit more time on my hands, hopefully.

GiddyKnitter
09-02-2008, 03:46 PM
Hi Karina
No problems we will start to get these little blankets on the go and very soon.
Take care
Pauline x