PDA

View Full Version : Know of any good hand surgeons in PHOENIX?

iwouldratherbeknitting
04-28-2008, 04:56 PM
You might remember that I 'tore' the tendon in my left thumb this fall.. it got a little better (as in I could use my left hand to knit again)

But it is much worse in many ways.. and just isn't getting well.. if it had been torn tendons.. things would be BETTER by now- since, they heal w/ time.

So, I've decided to look up a hand surgeon while I'm in the states this summer- but, I'll need to make an appointment now.. I'll be in the states in mid-June and only in the AZ area 'visiting' friends.. because of my upcoming move to Germany.

Let me know if you know of any good doctor's.. it will be better than 'searching' hand surgeons on the Internet.. for the area.. which is what I'd have to do on my own. I like my left hand and would like it to get good medical care.. so, it can continue being a knitting helper for years to come.

figaro
04-28-2008, 06:06 PM
Sorry, I can't help you with any names but what about your friends in the area? And if you have insurance, what about checking with them via internet? I know with ours, I can put in the zip code and it tells me all the participating providers in that area. Otherwise, I would maybe check with the local hospitals and see if there a person there (like a patient liason type) that might be able to help you. Also check with the AMA (American Medical Association) and maybe the Better Business Bureau too (not sure but it couldn't hurt to check).

I hope you are able to find one that can help you while you are here! Good luck!