PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else doing Sock Wars this year?

monzogary
04-28-2008, 07:18 PM
I have signed up yet again this time and I have done my swatch and am all ready for the war to start! Anyone else crazy enough to do it this year with the smaller yarn and needles than in the previous wars?

Cynamar
04-28-2008, 11:42 PM
Where do you do this?

gargoylelib
04-29-2008, 02:06 AM
I was thinking about doing it but got distracted with other projects
and still feel a bit hesitant after reading all the negative comments
from the yahoo group. I thought it had already started...does this
mean I need to reconsider because it sounds like alot of fun!

Libbie :)

monzogary
04-29-2008, 10:56 AM
The only thing that has "started" about sock wars is that the gauge has been posted. The actual war will not start until May 9th. The website for it this year is here: http://sockwarsiii.memberlodge.org/
There is still time!

Mirl56
04-29-2008, 11:43 AM
It sounds like fun, but I hate knitting under deadlines, expecially when not self-imposed.

What negative have you heard? I've only heard good/fun things about it.

gargoylelib
04-29-2008, 12:27 PM
The only thing that has "started" about sock wars is that the gauge has been posted. The actual war will not start until May 9th. The website for it this year is here: http://sockwarsiii.memberlodge.org/
There is still time!

Ok, so now I'm thinking I will participate...I wish someone would
make up my mind! :)

It sounds like fun, but I hate knitting under deadlines, expecially when not self-imposed.

What negative have you heard? I've only heard good/fun things about it.

Oh the only negative thing I heard was some people from the
Yahoo group complaining that they never got any socks. I
guess with the way it is tiered if you ahve someone flake out
then it starts causing problems down the line. I hate to discourage anyone from trying it though, it is just something that caused second
thoughts for me, but as with any swap-type event you always risk
having someone not fulfill their end. I have heard that they have
back up knitters this year just in case this happens so it shouldn't be a problem.

Libbie :)

dustinac
04-29-2008, 01:16 PM
:think: I haven't before but I might this year...

Lisa R.
04-29-2008, 02:44 PM
How long do most people take to knit a pair of socks? I'm afraid I'd be killed before I finished ribbing the first cuff!!!:teehee:

HollyP
04-29-2008, 03:49 PM
How long do most people take to knit a pair of socks? I'm afraid I'd be killed before I finished ribbing the first cuff!!!:teehee:
me too!! :lol:

xxkarenlxx
04-29-2008, 05:35 PM
This sounds absolutely hilarious. I am in the process of knitting the second of my first pair of socks. If I had more experience I'd definitely sign up. Maybe next year.

Jaxhil
04-30-2008, 10:53 AM
This sounds like fun! And at least if I get killed, (which I surely would!) I'll have a pair of socks for me :teehee:

dustinac
04-30-2008, 11:12 AM
This sounds like fun! And at least if I get killed, (which I surely would!) I'll have a pair of socks for me :teehee:
:think: this is true...and plus I want to wear one of those sock warrior t-shirts (only thing is why on all shirt do they have the wording going across the area I don't want any words going across :rofl: )

Crycket
04-30-2008, 11:20 AM
That is funny!...I think I will wait til next year when I am not so bogged down with stuff to knit!