PDA

View Full Version : The Malabrigo Fairy Visited My House

auburnchick
04-28-2008, 07:55 PM
Knitters are generous people. The other day, I was chatting with another gal here, and she found out I had never seen or touched Mmmm...

So, she offered to send me a skein. Look at what came in the mail today...

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2065/2449827367_afa98a5753.jpg

AND

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2123/2449827391_ea7541e858.jpg

So, I opened the package in my car while I waited for my son to get out of school. How strange I must have looked rubbing that yarn all over my neck (didn't want to get makeup on it).

Thanks to my Malabrigo Godmother. YOU know who YOU are!

:muah::hug::muah::hug:

Jan in CA
04-28-2008, 08:02 PM
Wow! That is so nice!

Hildegard_von_Knittin
04-28-2008, 09:38 PM
ooooooooooooooooo :inlove: great colors!

ecb
04-28-2008, 10:07 PM
I am not your godmother, but I know people worthy of such a kindness. I even made a series of Chemo caps for the hospital out of it
I love the stuff, I am even looking for my new fav hat pattern ( I want to make a Tam)

ecb

HamaLee
04-28-2008, 10:28 PM
Ahhhhh dreamy soft clouds, looooooovvveee. It's some of the only wool I can wear next to my skin.

I think you should make a sweatband-style headband with the green hank and then attach the blue hanks (still in hank form) to the front. BEST SLEEPING MASK EVER!! :roflhard::rofl:

jeanius80
04-28-2008, 11:11 PM
that is so wonderfully kind! And those are such opretty colors! What colors are they? :heart:

auburnchick
04-29-2008, 12:04 AM
that is so wonderfully kind! And those are such opretty colors! What colors are they? :heart:

The blue is called Bijou Blue, and the green is called Lettuce.

Ahhhhh dreamy soft clouds, looooooovvveee. It's some of the only wool I can wear next to my skin.

I think you should make a sweatband-style headband with the green hank and then attach the blue hanks (still in hank form) to the front. BEST SLEEPING MASK EVER!! :roflhard::rofl:

Oh, Hama...what a card you are! :roflhard:

I am not your godmother, but I know people worthy of such a kindness. I even made a series of Chemo caps for the hospital out of it
I love the stuff, I am even looking for my new fav hat pattern ( I want to make a Tam)

ecb

I have to say that there are people much more worthy than me. That's probably why this was so incredible. It wasn't a swap...she doesn't want me to pay her for them. She only asked that I "pay it forward." Great bargain, if you ask me. I love doing things for people...especially when they least expect it.

Here's what I got in the mail today...an order from purlsoho.com.

The color on the left is called "Topaz." I ordered it special...to make a pair of these (http://www.purlbee.com/greenaway-fingerless-gloves/) fingerless gloves for a gal at work who admired the pair I made for myself not too long ago. I wanted to get her something neutral...that will go with anything she might wear to work. Her hands get cold when typing on the computer. The green yarn is called "Boo's Garden," and it is for me...cause I liked it so much and it's similar to the yarn in the pattern.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2105/2450652454_c260722f18.jpg

iwouldratherbeknitting
04-29-2008, 06:20 AM
WOW.. Ok, darn it.. why can't they invent a 'feel-avision' screen on the computer? I want to touch the MMmmmmm yarn too!

I guess it might be awhile.. since, I'm still waiting for my childhood dream of the 'fix 'em' fast w/ the gizmo held over an injured or sick body.. aka.. the first star trek series.. (that really impressed me as a kid!)

Mulderknitter
04-29-2008, 08:03 AM
Wow! how nice is that! I have never seen that light blue before, I will have to ask my lys lady aobut it!:yay:

Rabbitrescuer
04-29-2008, 09:03 AM
Nice score!!

Shewhoknits
04-29-2008, 11:14 AM
I have seen that yarn but never have I bought any. When I go into a yarn store my friend tells me I keep say " Oh, dear!" I go into some kind of place that wants all the pretty soft yarns that I can't have. I will have to feel this yarn and add to to my "Oh, dear!" list

threesmom
04-29-2008, 02:07 PM
So pretty! The only thing I like better than petting mmmm is actually knitting with it ... :heart: wonderful!! Have fun with it! What a nice way to spread kindness - a few skeins of malabrigo at a time.

And your other yarn should make lovely gloves:mrgreen:

jeanius80
04-29-2008, 02:34 PM
thanks for sharing the names! That blue is so pretty!

I am in love with that alchemy.. I am hoping to find some on our trip to Idaho in July, I am fairly certain I can talk DH into buying it as 'souvenir' yarn :lol:

auburnchick
04-29-2008, 05:06 PM
Right now, purlsoho has it on sale...marked down 40%. ;)

tokmom
04-29-2008, 05:43 PM
Oh, very pretty! What a nice gift to get in the mail!:inlove:

Foxyie
05-01-2008, 10:03 PM
ooh great colors.. i'm gonna have to get my hands on some of this soon!

it looks so soft!

jdee
05-02-2008, 01:24 AM
What a sweet person your Godmother is. I'm so happy for you.

Debkcs
05-02-2008, 01:44 AM
What a nice thing to have happen.

I knitted a MMmmmmmm scarf for the woman who does my hair, it was a Christmas gift and she loved it. Her cat likes it also.

Going to California next week to look for some more for my self. Well, also to visit family . . .

auburnchick
05-02-2008, 10:35 AM
Going to California next week to look for some more for my self. Well, also to visit family . . .

Yarn comes first. Then you can relax and enjoy the visit with your family. :teehee: