PDA

View Full Version : *Update 5/30* Prayer request for a friend...

dustinac
04-30-2008, 06:56 PM
MY mom's best friend and a fellow knitter just found out she has cancer...on Friday she will have her lymph nodes ?sp removed and to see if it has spread...after the operation she will be hit with chemo and radiation...

the cancer is around her lung and a tube that is making it hard for her to breath...they also think it is around the main artery to the heart...they were hoping they would be able to go in and place a stint to open it so she could breath and rest again...she has a horrible cough as well...but they can't, they fear that could cause it to spread even more...

she is ready to do battle and very brave...my mom is falling apart though and it's hard 'cause she is down there crying...I'm up here crying...I wish gas wasn't high I'd leave and go home but I can't...

Linda told mom today (when she stopped by from the dr) to make sure I knew she was going to fight this and when I come in this summer I was teaching her magic loop... even if we had to prop her up with pillows and blankets...anyways if you guys could please add her to your thoughts and prayers...she has a long battle ahead of her... :heart:

mwhite
04-30-2008, 07:26 PM
She will be in my prayers! Praying for the best and many sessions of you two knitting together!

auburnchick
04-30-2008, 07:49 PM
I am so sorry. I will be praying...

scout52
04-30-2008, 09:31 PM
she is in my thoughts. :hug: :heart: :hug:

Dangles
04-30-2008, 10:43 PM
Sending her prayers.

saracidaltendencies
04-30-2008, 10:56 PM
:hug:You'll all be in my thoughts :hug:

Shandeh
04-30-2008, 11:25 PM
:heart: :pray: :heart:

Denise in Michigan
05-01-2008, 12:09 AM
I'll keep all of you in my prayers.

Debkcs
05-01-2008, 03:21 AM
I'll be praying for her, and add her to our prayer chain as well. God does answer our prayers.

dustinac
05-07-2008, 01:20 PM
mom's friend went today for the results of the Lymph nodes...they had already told her they were 98% sure they also had cancer cause they were swollen...so she just knew today it was basically to confirm that and move on with chemo and radiation...but the dr in shock said it showed no signs of cancer :woot:

So chemo and radiation have been put on hold...she goes back tomorrow and they will go in and take a sample of the mass that is around her lung/heart/tube area...he told her today not to get to excited 'cause again they are 98% sure that it is cancer in there...

Thank you guys for keeping her in your prayers...please keep her there... :hug:

auburnchick
05-07-2008, 01:29 PM
Oh wow! That is just incredible!

So, the doctor was 98% sure the nodes would come back positive, and they didn't? We'll pray for the same miracle for the mass.

Thank you for the update.

:hug:

P.S. The power of prayer...oh how amazing it is!

dustinac
05-07-2008, 01:34 PM
So, the doctor was 98% sure the nodes would come back positive, and they didn't?

Yep, they were just so sure last week that the lymph nodes would come back with positive and that the cancer was spreading...they really gave her a grim out look on what was a head for her...

Prayer is such a powerful thing...mom called me as soon as Linda had called her, only thing I could say was Praise the Lord...

it would be wonderful if the tests tomorrow held the same answers for her...:hug:

auburnchick
05-07-2008, 02:29 PM
It should teach those doctors a lesson too. There's always a chance...no matter the odds...

With God, nothing is impossible...

I will continue to pray...

mwhite
05-07-2008, 03:04 PM
Me, too! Sounds like it's worked so far!

DQ
05-07-2008, 03:16 PM
I hope all goes well for her.

dustinac
05-28-2008, 01:16 PM
:hug: Thank you all for your prayers...here is an update on Linda...

I just talked to mom and Linda went in today for the results of the PET scan...it did show cancer in the lung mass and lymph nodes around it...so on Friday at 8am she will go in for surgery...the dr told her that it will be the most painful surgery she has had to date and that he would do his best to keep her comfy...as long as the mass is not attached to the aorta (hopefully it's not) they will be removing the mass, lymph nodes, and the lung. She will be heavily sedated for 3-4 days in the ICU...she will have 2 chest tubes which one will be removed on the 3rd/4th day and the other when it stops spewing air :shrug: ...she will be in the hosiptal for 10-12 days...they will give her a body a month to gain strength before starting her chemo treatments...

Please continue to keep her in your prayers...Thank you :heart:

sue in canada
05-28-2008, 01:24 PM
I have only just read about this and am so sorry to hear about your friend. Healing and positive thoughts being sent.

mwhite
05-28-2008, 02:06 PM
Will continue with good thoughts and many prayers for your friend...

saracidaltendencies
05-28-2008, 02:07 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope the surgery goes well with no complications. You're all in my thoughts :hug:

Knit4Fun
05-28-2008, 02:11 PM
I'll continue to pray... :heart:

PurlyGyrl
05-28-2008, 02:18 PM
:hug: Keeping her in my thoughts.

auburnchick
05-28-2008, 02:24 PM
Oh goodness! I will be praying for her...

Dangles
05-28-2008, 02:45 PM
Oh my gosh, I will continue to pray for her and the family...

missmom31
05-28-2008, 02:50 PM
I am so sorry to hear of your friends illness. She, her family and friends will be in my thoughts and prayers as will her doctors and those who are to going to take care of her. Please keep us posted on her progress.

dustinac
05-28-2008, 04:52 PM
:hug: Thank you all for your prayers...

Mom just called and Linda stopped by...she is very upset she got a call coming back up the mountain from the hospital that they don't think her lungs are strong enough for the surgery now ...they are suppose to call her again after another dr looks at her chart...her insurance won't pay for chemo without them getting something from the cancer area :wall:...so she is very scared now...(I'm sorry I don't know all the terms...mom wasn't able to go into full detail)

mks22300
05-28-2008, 06:43 PM
Oh gosh, I hope everything will go well for your friend :hug:

dustinac
05-30-2008, 11:10 AM
Mom just called and Linda made it through the surgery...they didn't want to remove the lung 'cause they feared the other wasn't strong enough...but the dr said when he got in there and looked around he had no other choice but to remove all of it...

:heart: Thank you all for your prayers!! :hug:

auburnchick
05-30-2008, 11:23 AM
Poor dear...

Praying for a speedy recovery and that the other lung will get stronger and stronger.

:hug: