PDA

View Full Version : So Happy

happyfingers
05-01-2008, 07:22 AM
Well I did it I had so much fun:woohoo:
I went to Wally World and bought some Lion Brand wool got my koolaide and my baster . Went home soaked the yarn in very warm water with a little vinegar. mixed 2 packets each of grape ,cherry and lemon-lime. Since this was the 1st time ,when I was adding the dye with the turkey baster I got some of the colors to merge which I didn't want;) but It's okay. I then put the yarn on a plastic platter and nuked it for 2 min then let it rest for 2 then nuked again for 2. the water was clear after the second go in the microwave. It made the kitchen smell good. I gently squeezed the water out, put the yarn in the spinner and hung to dry, twisted it into a hank and :thumbsup: that's all she wrote I'm hooked...my camera is out of batteries so I scanned it on my printer but it's prettier than the scan:mrgreen: Thanks for looking

48257 :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

sue in canada
05-01-2008, 07:36 AM
Looks very pretty. Well done.

mullerslanefarm
05-01-2008, 08:35 AM
Good job!

To help a bit with colors merging, make sure you get as much water out of the soaked skein before adding the dye to it.

The wool will hold more water than you think!

It's very pretty! What are you going to make with it?

happyfingers
05-01-2008, 09:28 AM
Good job!

To help a bit with colors merging, make sure you get as much water out of the soaked skein before adding the dye to it.

The wool will hold more water than you think!

It's very pretty! What are you going to make with it?

:teehee: thanks for the tip I was a little afraid I might make it felt
but I sure will squeeze that water out next time:p

azgirl314
05-01-2008, 05:57 PM
so pretty! Your yarn turned out much nicer than mine. Did you un-skein the yarn or just dye it as is? When I tried to dye the Lion wool, I undid the skein to try to make self-striping--after dying and drying, it had untwisted itself into individual plys (big big mess). I want to try again, but not sure where I went wrong. Thanks!

kayrun
05-01-2008, 06:09 PM
That's gorgeous!
I don't think our WM is selling Lion Brand yarn?
Is this a new addition to their stock?
Karen G
in GA

Foxyie
05-01-2008, 09:03 PM
very pretty!

KnittinMitchie
05-02-2008, 06:44 PM
:teehee: thanks for the tip I was a little afraid I might make it felt
but I sure will squeeze that water out next time:p

Squeezing is okay just no wring it out. :) also you can try rolling it up an a towel to help get some water out.

Cynamar
05-03-2008, 12:01 PM
Awesome! Good job! Now you will be hooked.

happyfingers
05-03-2008, 11:28 PM
so pretty! Your yarn turned out much nicer than mine. Did you un-skein the yarn or just dye it as is? When I tried to dye the Lion wool, I undid the skein to try to make self-striping--after dying and drying, it had untwisted itself into individual plys (big big mess). I want to try again, but not sure where I went wrong. Thanks!
Yes I unwound the yarn then tied section off and colored them...:mrgreen: don't give up

happyfingers
05-03-2008, 11:29 PM
That's gorgeous!
I don't think our WM is selling Lion Brand yarn?
Is this a new addition to their stock?
Karen G
in GA
I'm in SC so the Wal-Mart still has a big section for yarn:cool:

jeanius80
05-06-2008, 10:06 PM
this is very pretty! nice job! :thumbsup:

Cynamar
05-06-2008, 11:44 PM
My Wal-Mart has some Lion yarn but only a few colors of Lion Wool. I can get it somewhere else. I want to try this now!