PDA

View Full Version : Any knitters in New Mexico?

Azlynn
05-01-2008, 12:50 PM
I always feel like I'm the only one here. I know there are others here in NM, but I never see them on any boards I go to, so I'm hoping there are some New Mexicans here that love to knit (or even crochet!) and might like to get together. :)

Sewing Angel
05-01-2008, 05:05 PM
I'm here! Well unless the wind blows me away! I'm Angel and I live in Edgewood. What part of the state are you in? I knit and sew and do lots of other crafts. Welcome to the board.
Angel

Azlynn
05-01-2008, 06:41 PM
Hi Angel, I'm Terri! I just asked hubby how far Edgewood was, and he said it's at least an hour from here. We live in Los Lunas.

No kidding about the wind - I'm so sick of it I could just puke!

I do a little bit of sewing, too (teaching myself that, too), but since I recently discovered knitting, I haven't done any sewing because I love knitting and am totally addicted. I'm still new to both, though. It's nice to meet someone from here!

Debkcs
05-01-2008, 07:28 PM
Hi Angel and Azlynn,

My name is Deb (obviously). I used to live in New Mexico, Los Lunas, to be exact. Unless they've built something new, you have to go to Albuquerque for yarn. Whenever I wanted to crochet something, I bought it on the way home from work.

B's Yarns & Needlearts
6001 San Mateo Blvd N. E.
Albuquerque, NM
+1 (505) 881 8373
Owner: Betty D. Speer
Located at the corner of San Mateo and Osuna. Excellent selection of natural and synthetic yarns. Cynthia Helene yarns, patterns and kitted designs. Knitting and crochet classes.

Fiesta Yarns Outlet Shop
5401 San Diego NE, Ste A
Albuquerque, NM 87113
505-792-0789
fax: +1 (505) 892 5035
Owner: Cindy Brooks/Molly Cavin
email: laboheme@fiestayarns.com
World Wide Web: http://www.fiestayarns.com
The Fiesta Yarns Outlet Store is open for the purpose of selling seconds and mis-dyed yarns that cannot be sold wholesale to our many shops throughout the United States and Canada. We only sell yarn when you visit us in person, and we do not ship yarn from the Outlet Store.
Hours Monday through Friday 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

Village Wools, Inc.
3801 San Mateo NE
Albuquerque, NM 87110
+1 (800) 766 4553
Email: vwool@villagewools.com
Web: http://www.villagewools.com/
Brown Sheep wools, Navajo weaving supplies, original patterns and kits for knitters and weavers. Call for free catalog.

I don't remember any others, and I think that the Ben Franklin stores closed down. They didn't have much besides acrylics anyway.

As I recall, Village Wools was my favorite.

Sewing Angel
05-01-2008, 07:49 PM
I'm not sure if B's is around any more and Village Wools moved to a really nice, big store over on Anaheim (just off of Paseo). We have a nice yarn store in Edgewood called Good Fibrations. I haven't been to Los Lunas in a long time. I do go into Albuquerque at least once a week. I know there are other NM people on here, we all seem to pop in at different times.
Angel

Debkcs
05-01-2008, 07:55 PM
I haven't lived there for seven years, the wind and a lot of other things drove us out. Just remember how hard it was to find good yarn anywhere except Village Wools. Glad they got a newer, larger space, there were some really great people who worked there.

indigoblossom
05-14-2008, 08:28 PM
*waves hello*

i'm a native new mexican, though i haven't lived here the entire time ;)

i'm in ABQ and next time i make it out to a friend's in edgewood, i need to check out good fibrations. she's always saying such good things about!

jennebersold
08-09-2008, 02:20 PM
Hello all!

I just moved to Santa Fe in April, which is also when I learned to knit. There are a ton of great yarn shops around the plaza area. If you're in the neighborhood, you should check out Needle's Eye on Paseo De Peralta, or Oodles yarn & beads on Water Street.