PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use the Rug Doctor??

bailsmom
05-02-2008, 03:56 PM
My parents are coming for a visit and we need to shampoo the rugs so we thought of the Rug Doctor from the grocery store. I'm wondering if anyone has used it from them and what kind of results you had with it? Also, how long did it take for the carpet to dry?

Thanks!

JessicaR
05-02-2008, 04:11 PM
My husband has used it several times. I remember putting some box fans out and walking on it later that day. Hope this helps since I never did it myself.

scout52
05-02-2008, 05:40 PM
I've used it whenever my father or brother come to visit because they are allergic to my cats. It works great and my grocery store sells the rug wash with the allergan stuff. It usually takes a day to try my ugly *** shag carpeting.

bailsmom
05-02-2008, 10:53 PM
Thanks for the help. I looked on QVC's review for it and most of them said that it didn't suck up the water well at all. I guess all we can do is try a small area and see how it goes.

Thanks again!

Yarnlady
05-03-2008, 07:51 AM
We just did our carpeting last weekend and I thought it worked fantastic. It probably took 12 hours to dry.

Silver
05-03-2008, 09:09 AM
In our experience, the machines at U-haul (http://www.uhaul.com/toolrentals/) are much better than Rug Doctors. They're more like what the pros use. DH and I have used both on our carpets, and will stick with U-haul from now on. :thumbsup: