PDA

View Full Version : Does this pattern have a misprint??

deemaree
05-03-2008, 01:57 AM
Could someone pleeease help me with this??

I have followed the instructions below and even written them down step by step, however I seem to end up with 11 stitches and not 12 as the pattern states.

Cont on these 17 stitches

Work 15 Rows (garter stitch) AT SAME TIME dec at armhole edge in foll 4th row/s 3 times, then in alt rows 3 times. (12 stitches)

Don't know where I am going wrong??:wall:

Mirl56
05-03-2008, 08:03 AM
I'm with you - 6 decreases would leave you with 11 stitches.

It's only off by one - does it look better w/11 or 12 stitches wide at that point of the pattern? what point of the shaping are you - close to the shoulder yet? Which number (11 or 12) line up w/the back shaping?

Can we see the photo of the sweater somewhere on-line? Might help.

Gertie
05-03-2008, 10:17 AM
Unfortunately, many patterns have typo or design errors. Can you get on the designer or publisher's web site? Maybe they have an errata page. It's so bad that I always check before I start a pattern.

Hoping all goes well.

deemaree
05-03-2008, 08:07 PM
Thanks guys, although it took me 5 hours to work it out, there definately is a misprint......the instructions should have read;

Work 15 rows garter stitch, AT SAME TIME dec at armhole edge in foll 4th row/s 2 times, not 3 times as stated.

As frustrating as it was being my first sweater and all, I was glad that it was a misprint. I was starting to think maybe I just don't get it!!!!!

What a learning curve! :figureditout: