PDA

View Full Version : making the 2nd sleeve the same size

gotta knit
05-06-2008, 06:49 PM
I'm knitting a sweater in the round. Made the body up to armholes, now need 2 sleeves to attach and then will finish yoke in one piece.
Sounds easy right?
I used the same circular needle and counted rows really carefully, but my tension is totally off! The 2nd one is smaller.:pout:

Since it's in the round I can't re-work them both at the same time. But I've made a decision that I hope works, and someone else learns from.
I'm going to work one for an inch or two, then slip it onto a spare needle and work the other one. I'll keep rotating between one & the other, and will hopefully end up with 2 identical sleeves.

Please wish me luck!

cam90066
05-06-2008, 07:25 PM
You might want to glance at this thread (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77691&highlight=two+sleeves) as it has info re: working two ITR sleeves at the same time.

cam

Ingrid
05-06-2008, 07:48 PM
I have worked two sleeves on two circs. It worked out well, but it helps to have used two circs or magic loop on one piece to get the hang of it.

Why not invest in another needle? This way you can switch back and forth between sleeves without having to take one off the needle?

gotta knit
05-07-2008, 09:28 AM
Interesting thread Cam, thanks for posting it.
I will try magic loop some day, and working 2 inside each other is wild. With the cabling & twisted stitches of this pattern, I'm scared it would just be a nightmare though.

Ingrid, I would if I could get out today, I'm really anxious to get started. Fortunately, I've got another small circular that's much skinnier, so slipping them between needles should be easy.