PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in the SF Bay Area...specifically the East Bay

krismorales
05-08-2008, 04:54 PM
Hi all, it would be nice to find other knitters in the area...are you out there? Where's your favorite yarn shop? Favorite place to take classes? I'd love to hear from people.

Kris:woohoo:

lactosefree
05-08-2008, 09:13 PM
Hi Kris,

I'm in the bay area, though I'm not in the east bay. I live in the parkside/sunset area of San Francisco.

I go to Imagiknit and Noe Knit the most often. I've been meaning to make an east bay LYS run to The Yarn Boutique and Article Pract.

I took a fair isle class at Noe Knit, and it was great. Chiaki the instructor was the one who wrote the pattern for the felted bag, and I learned a lot.

Aello
05-11-2008, 01:00 AM
Where in the East Bay are you. There are many LYS in the surrounding areas.

krismorales
05-13-2008, 01:31 PM
I'm in Castro Valley, and currently go out to That Yarn Shop for classes .... I like the patterns that are taught.

I'm always interested in finding out about new shops

Aello
05-13-2008, 08:11 PM
Do you mean That Yarn Store in Dublin, CA? Or is there one nearer to you?
As far as Castro Valley goes, I absolutely love Adela's Yarns (http://www.adelasyarn.com/). That one is in the CV shopping center. This is where I get my yummy Schaefer anne (I love this yarn)
A couple people in my group go to Color me quilts and they love it for yarn. I have never been, but I think is it somewhere on Nile blvd in fremont.
I have been wanting to visit the many lovely shops out in San Francisco. That is on my wishlist as soon as I can get a chance and my wallet will allow it lol.
I know there are many more around here, just can't think of them at the moment.

krismorales
05-14-2008, 01:40 PM
I go to Adela's for yarn ...they do have a great selection ... I also go to the Dublin That Yarn Store for classes. I haven't been to the one in Fremont. I try only to go to yarn stores when I have a specific pattern in mind, otherwise I end up buying wayyyyyy to much yarn. As it is I have 3 projects going right now, and 2 or 3 waiting. Too much fun.