PDA

View Full Version : Wow! I've been published!!

lelvsdgs
05-09-2008, 01:51 PM
For the last 2 years my father has been pestering me to submit some of my writing to this site called Tiny Lights. I have sort of yeah, yeah-ed him but a couple of months ago, he basically insisted after I sent him something I wrote about knitting and my daughter. So I relented, basically to shut him up... Much to my delight and suprise, they used it!!! :woohoo:
If anyone is interested, here is the link Tiny Lights (http://www.tiny-lights.com/flash.html?id=160)

This just 2 weeks before she officially jumps out of the nest...

Eccie
05-09-2008, 02:00 PM
That's beautiful. Congratulations :)

Karina
05-09-2008, 02:07 PM
That is just wonderful, brought tears to my eyes. Gives me hope, my 13 year old daughter tried to knit decided that it was boring. give her some time maybe she will want to learn again. Thanks for that.

Well done for getting published. Did your daughter read it so she knows how much this means to you.

Knitting_Guy
05-09-2008, 02:13 PM
:thumbsup:

gotta knit
05-09-2008, 02:25 PM
Very sweet.

My 12yo tried knitting a few years ago, but gave up quickly. When we went yarn shopping for her poncho in March, she picked out a skein too & is trying again.

auburnchick
05-09-2008, 02:59 PM
Beautiful job! What a lovely testimony to a wonderful relationship. :heart:

evona
05-09-2008, 03:12 PM
Congratulations!

It made me cry! Its so sweet!

cindycactus
05-09-2008, 03:55 PM
Congratulations on the article. It was wonderful. :thumbsup:And congratulations on teaching your dd to knit. I learned to knit from my mother and I taught one of my daughters and one of her daughters. It was fun. :knitting:

Ivy19
05-09-2008, 04:47 PM
Congrats! Great article! Of course now your Dad is going to be able to say "I told you so!" But surely it's worth it?? ; - )

mks22300
05-09-2008, 07:25 PM
Congratulations, it was so sweet!

Knit4Pie
05-09-2008, 09:15 PM
That is really wonderful! Congrats!

Jen17
05-09-2008, 10:23 PM
Just beautiful, thank you for sharing it. I got to spend time with my daughter before she got stationed in Japan. She had to have some surgery (minor, she's fine, thank God) and we stayed together in a hotel while she recouperated. I had just taught her how to knit, so she was on one twin bed and I on the other. I set up the camera and took a picture of the both of us knitting together! Then she went off to Japan....

lelvsdgs
05-12-2008, 11:58 AM
Congrats! Great article! Of course now your Dad is going to be able to say "I told you so!" But surely it's worth it?? ; - )
Yep, he's already done that...then said "what are you going to submit next?" :)

Knit4Fun
05-12-2008, 12:36 PM
That was beautiful - thank you for sharing that... :muah:

ArtLady1981
05-13-2008, 02:34 AM
Been there, done that...5 times...3 girls...2 boys. I feel ya!

And congrats on being published! The article was great!

gingerbread
05-18-2008, 10:05 AM
That was a wonderful to read, like everyone it did bring a tear to my eyes. It has been a few years now that my daughter left the nest.

I did try as a child to help her to knit but at that time it was not in fashion.

When she had the kids she tried again nope. She does crochet and loves that.

So when my grandchildren got older I taught them how to knit.They are still off and on with it but they do have the knit stitich down pat. My grandson picked it up first and then my granddaughter.
It is a wonderful thing to be able to teach our children to pass on a wonderful craft knitting.

So again congratulation on being published. :balloons:

:waving:

lelvsdgs
05-19-2008, 04:36 PM
Been there, done that...5 times...3 girls...2 boys. I feel ya!

And congrats on being published! The article was great!
Her father and I pack her up and move her this Thursday... I hope it gets easier... not really sleeping much this week. She's so excited that I don't want to put a downer on her mood by saying how sad i am... I guess there'll be time for that after she's up there and having the time of her life.

It's the prospect of the empty rooms that make me sad...

But, this is the goal, the hard-earned end result of parenting and I keep telling myself that this is what's supposed to happen... Doesn't make it easier though does it...

VictoiseC
05-20-2008, 12:50 PM
Congratulations on getting published! I'm a writer (although I haven't been writing much lately) and when I first got published I was so elated, in heaven. I was published in a book of monologues for women (actresses) and I remember the first time riding the escalator in Barnes & Noble and thinking "I'm a published author in this bookstore!!!! whoaaaaa!" That's a great thing, you and your daughter knitting together. I was thinking, since you are sad about the empty room and her absence, maybe you could go out and teach someone else to knit somewhere? Or a volunteer thing? Also, keep writing! Writing is such a good way to um, conquer your loneliness or difficulties. I enjoyed reading it!

Debkcs
05-20-2008, 04:44 PM
Congratulations on being published (:yay: Dad!).

Our son didn't officially move out until he married, which was fine with us as we're very close. When he did I gained a crafting room in that house. Always a positve to go with the negative.

I really liked what you wrote about sitting on opposite ends of the couch knitting. I got the same feelings sitting with my broken leg propped up watching my son cook for the family when he was fifteen. All the years of teaching being used creatively to help out when we especially needed it.

Hope you continue to write and to let your Dad badger you into submitting your work.

Dangles
05-20-2008, 04:52 PM
Congrats! Thank you for sharing, I enjoyed reading it.