PDA

View Full Version : I love Teaching sometimes

ecb
05-09-2008, 09:35 PM
I was sent to this great small town school to Sub today as a Gym teacher. I brought my knitting to do between classes. my second to last class came in, and saw me and ran over saying things like;
"oh look, she is still knitting"
Did you ever finish that yellow sweater?
What ever happened to that spider you were knitting last week? (more like last month)
I happen to be working on the elven sweater, so i showed them the finished hood. they LOVED it.
I kept getting comments the rest of the class about my camp and my knitting, I am almost famous (amongst grade school kids anyway)
AND I had a great day with them and all the other classes as well.

it is way cool that my Favorite class includes the Principals kid.

ecb

mwhite
05-09-2008, 10:24 PM
Sounds like you had a wonderful day! And probably influenced them to knit or do some form of handwork as well. Musta really made you feel great!

Jen17
05-09-2008, 11:06 PM
aww:aww: , that's wonderful! Kids love stuff like that and they will always remember you! I still remember my second grade teacher, she was so nice to me and my 4th grade teacher who wrote me a letter when we moved from NJ to RI.
Forty years from now when someone asks them "who taught you to knit?" your name will be mentioned!!:cool: How cool is that!!??

Jen:knitting: