PDA

View Full Version : OWWWWW

princessbonniejane
05-10-2008, 12:21 PM
My 2nd cat is a devil!!!!!!!:evil: My brother tossed her on me last night when i wasn't looking and hurt me. I washed it and then put bacitraycin plus on it. I looked up cat scratch fever and didn't let my cat lick me. Here is a pic of my arm. anyone with info on how to prevent cat scratch fever please post. Thanks. I can't seem to post the pic so its on my blog www.bonniejane.com/blog

Jan in CA
05-10-2008, 12:29 PM
I know it hurts, but it doesn't appear to be a deep scratch and I think you'll be just fine. When my cats were younger I had scratches like that all the time. Just put the antibiotic cream on in a couple times of day for a couple days and keep it clean. :hug:

Cynamar
05-10-2008, 12:29 PM
Ooh! What did you do to your brother after that? Ditto on the antibacterial cream.

Spikey
05-10-2008, 12:34 PM
Ooooh. Sounds like your brother might be a devil, not that poor cat that is getting thrown around.

evona
05-10-2008, 04:48 PM
I agree with the others. I've had cats all my life and have had scratches like that as have both my children. Antibiotic creme and time will do the trick :)

I also agree with Spikey, it sounds like your brother is the devil in the story. Cats aren't to be thrown around :tap: :grrr: She likely was scared and confused when he did that and scratched you out of self defense.

CountryKitty
05-10-2008, 08:07 PM
Ditto on the brother being the devil--the porr kitty was just trying to hold on.

princessbonniejane
05-10-2008, 09:06 PM
i got scratched again!!!!! i was holding my other kitty the nice one( after learning my lesson) and something fell and freaked it out and it used it's back claws(the front ones are gone) to push off and scratched my chest and arm!!! I didn't take a pic. I'm starting to think I'm the enemy!! I think I shouldn't hold them any more even the nice one. I am in so much pain. Thanks I just needed to vent.

evona
05-10-2008, 09:38 PM
:hug: :hug: Don't worry! You'll be able to hold them again. Sometimes those things happen. Scratches hurt, but they'll heal :)

tarrentella
05-11-2008, 05:00 AM
even the most docile and well behaved of cats will scratch somtimes, 90% of the time is not on purpose. Ctas use their claws to get a grip on things so if they are jumping away at an odd angle (as your little one was) the claws come out to give thema bit more purchase.

They do hurt unfortunately, especially when they are younger as they claws are needle sharp. Do you have a scratching post or somthing similar for the cats to use? this will help them look after their claws, and also gives them somewhere spcific to get them out, so that they are less likely to use you as an emery board!

Unless they quite clearly do it on purpose, for instance lashing out at you when moments before they had been curled up asleep on your knee with nothing to disturb them, then tell them off in which ever manner you use as a punishment. Otherwise be nice to both your cats equally, if you are nice to one and not to the other, then the one you have labelled 'devil kitty' might well develope a bad attitude, and not be as affectionate to you in the future.

Knit4Pie
05-11-2008, 08:06 AM
Just my 2 cents here, but you seem to be blaming the cats, when from what you've written it isn't really their fault at all. One was tossed through the air and the other got scared. Just think if you were tossed through the air...wouldn't you grab on to anything solid, in any way you could?

Spikey
05-11-2008, 06:25 PM
I second the scratching post suggestion.

Also, do you trim their claws? It is a good habit to get into, but only if they are indoor cats. Your vet tech can show you how. Just be careful not to clip into the pink part, which will hurt them.

princessbonniejane
05-11-2008, 07:27 PM
my cats don't have front claws they have back claws. so when they scratch me they use back claws

lizardknits
05-11-2008, 10:30 PM
My 2nd cat is a devil!!!!!!!:evil: My brother tossed her on me last night when i wasn't looking and hurt me. I washed it and then put bacitraycin plus on it. I looked up cat scratch fever and didn't let my cat lick me. Here is a pic of my arm. anyone with info on how to prevent cat scratch fever please post. Thanks. I can't seem to post the pic so its on my blog www.bonniejane.com/blog (http://www.bonniejane.com/blog)
your scratch looks like nothing compared to how my finger looks :teehee: . I was picking up the pieces of a bowl of mine that was accidentally broken by a suitemate (I have 4 , 1 has moved out. I move out on tuesday).

princessbonniejane
05-11-2008, 11:58 PM
oh im sorry lizardknits.

Lucy78green
05-12-2008, 04:02 PM
I'm covered in scars, out cat was gotten from a shelter when he was a kitten and was never 100% tame. He bites when he wants fed, attention, play etc. He ended up overweight so we had to put him on a diet so now he pats you on the leg with his claws to remind you to feed him, usually five mins after he was last fed.