PDA

View Full Version : Cardigan

Cynamar
05-10-2008, 02:40 PM
I am looking for a very easy cardigan pattern with directions for circular needles. Does anyone know of one? Easy is the big word and I want it to be very plain because I think I want to use this Twist yarn (http://www.knitpicks.com/twist%20yarn_YD5420120.html?). I have some (in Beach Ball) but will probably need a little more. What do you think of a cardigan out of it if it's very plain?

Jan in CA
05-10-2008, 06:27 PM
I think plain would be a good choice for that because it has so much texture and color. It's DK weight so the pattern should work with that if you can to make it easier.

I'm not really sure what you're looking for, but if you don't mind paying a few dollars these are great patterns and very simple.

http://www.knittingpureandsimple.com/cardi.html
#278, 221, and 241 could all be made with DK.

Plantgoddess+
05-10-2008, 08:10 PM
If your library has the Sweater Workshop by Jacqueline Fee it has instructions on making a cardigan in the round all in one piece. I've used the book to design several pullovers and cardigans.
I have made some tops I love using boucle' yarn.

Jan in CA
05-10-2008, 09:20 PM
I should point out that the sweaters on KPS are done top down as well. :thumbsup:

bambi
05-10-2008, 09:55 PM
Cyndi, I have a cute one called the sunkist cardi that I have saved as a PDF file. If you send me a private message with your e-mail, I can send you the PDF. I'm not sure how to post it here.

Bambi

bambi
05-10-2008, 09:58 PM
Oh, I just googled "pattern sunkist cardigan" and it came up! It is by Kirsten Kapur.

Bambi

Jan in CA
05-10-2008, 10:00 PM
Cyndi, I have a cute one called the sunkist cardi that I have saved as a PDF file. If you send me a private message with your e-mail, I can send you the PDF. I'm not sure how to post it here.

Bambi

Never post a pattern on here unless it's one of your own to share. Copyright issues and all you know. :)

bambi
05-10-2008, 10:11 PM
Thanks but I did also find it on google

:aww:

Cynamar
05-10-2008, 11:37 PM
Thank you! I agree. The colors are what made me think simple but my experience (or lack thereof) is what made me say easy. I guess the circulars really aren't important since it's a cardigan. Or how about a shrug? It's hand wash so I'm thinking something that I won't wear a whole lot and the yarn is shiny so it might be something fun to wear to go out.

bambi
05-11-2008, 10:25 PM
The woman who blogs peony knits had 2 cute free shrug patterns:

http://www.peonyknits.blogspot.com/

Both are on my short list as is the free sunkist cardi pattern I posted about yesterday.

(To be clear: I wouldn't think of giving someone a pattern that I had to pay for! I'm so embarrased about yesterday, it still makes my face red.)

Also, I just bought a copy of Stefanie Japel's "Fitted Knits" book and it has great neck down projects, including several great shrugs and wraps. Micheals had it and the nice cashier gave me a 40% off coupon that I used for it.

Bambi