PDA

View Full Version : Sewing

YouCantBuyThisMovement
05-12-2008, 09:58 PM
Hey I have a question my little sister loves to sew like I love to knit. Is there a site kind of like this one she can go to? I dont know if any of you like to sew or know anyone who does but if you can keep an eye out I would appreciate it. She is 16 today and I know how much this website has helped me with my knitting and I would really like her to have something like this.

Thank you guys so very much. :grphug:

Jen17
05-12-2008, 10:24 PM
try www.patternreview.com and click on the "message boards". It doesn't look as extensive as here, but she might like it.

Jen

newamy
05-13-2008, 09:20 AM
This blog is by the person who wrote a cute little sewing book. Around the bend sewing. Sometimes she has crafty things posted but I notice this week is about other things in her life. The book is in the side bar of her blog. http://angrychicken.typepad.com/

Jaxhil
05-13-2008, 09:56 AM
I'm a member at PR (patternreview.com) and believe me-it's far more extensive than KH-not meaning anything bad about KH by any means!! Hope no one takes it that way-I LOVE KH! Its what helped teach me to knit :happydance:

But there are thousands upon thousand of reviews, of patterns, sewing machines/sergers, books, techniques, notions and the message boards have everything under the sun about sewing she could want to ask. I am sure she would LOVE it and it would help her expand very quickly her sewing abilities. I've always found everyone to be friendly and helpful, as well.

good luck to your sister!

YouCantBuyThisMovement
05-13-2008, 10:29 AM
Oh thank you guys so very much!