PDA

View Full Version : and unusual response to knitted gifts...

LilHuskiesFootBallMom
05-13-2008, 12:44 PM
We have a couple of really good friends (more like family) in our Tribe, they have two young sons (19 months and 4 years old) and I was talking to our friends (the parents) about making the boys sweaters (weasley ones, they saw my son Caleb's and the boys really liked it).

The parents actually were concerned about my putting so much work into something that the boys would rapidly outgrow. I explained to them that i ENJOY making things for people that I know will appreciate them. To make it clear: She crochets and sews, He does a lot of woodworking type of crafts. So i know it wasn't a case of they wouldn't appreciate it. It was just so NICE to have someone know how much work is involved and be concerned about that part of it when the kids grow so fast instead of the "it's not storebought, it's garbage" mentality!!!

Simply_Renee
05-13-2008, 04:12 PM
That is cool that they thought of that. Not everyone appreciates handmade gifts as much as storebought ones, which is absurd.

How many people spend hours and hours totally focused on a gift for someone?

Plus that weasley sweater is fabulous- you posted a pic of it for me!

YouCantBuyThisMovement
05-13-2008, 05:01 PM
I think that is very sweet of them. That is the type of people I would like to knit for.

LilHuskiesFootBallMom
05-13-2008, 07:56 PM
their kids are wonderful and they're uber nice people :)

I have the back of a weasley sweater for their four year old almost half done (I started it this morning)and once i get these done, i'm going to do sweaters with the heraldic lion (the family crest) on it :)