PDA

View Full Version : Conjoined Creations - Flat Feet Yarn

shortnsweetly
05-13-2008, 08:03 PM
My local yarn shop just got in Flat Feet Yarn by Conjoined Creations, but it has already sold out! Does anyone know where I can find some? I'm really eager to try knitting some socks with it.

Indygirl
05-13-2008, 08:49 PM
Here you go. Shop away :wink:
http://www.conjoinedcreations.com/Flat_Feet.html

Jan in CA
05-13-2008, 10:05 PM
They have some at my LYS. Isn't it cool!?

shortnsweetly
05-14-2008, 11:46 PM
hmmm, their website doesn't seem to have any way of ordering the product. Does anyone know a site where it can be ordered from, or perhaps I'm missing something on their site...

msmelody
05-15-2008, 02:46 AM
I went to their website. Everyone online site they that said sold their products, did not have the yarn. I just want to try one. I would also like to see all the colors; they had samples of each type of color, but not a color card sort of thing.

Azlynn
05-15-2008, 12:21 PM
Oh wow, that is so cool! I just emailed them to ask them how to order since there doesn't appear to be a way to order. I don't have a local yarn store here other than walmart, which obviously doesn't carry it lol, so I have to depend on ordering stuff via the internet. If they don't answer my email by the time I'm done working today, I'll call them and try to order some over the phone. I'll let you guys know if you're interested...

dustinac
05-15-2008, 01:40 PM
I want to try this too...Knitting Zone did have it but it's sold out right now...

McKnitty
05-15-2008, 03:20 PM
Awesome! I haven't seen or heard of this before now. If you find a place to order, please let us know.

dustinac
05-18-2008, 03:05 PM
:woot: I found some on www.knitifacts.com (http://www.knitifacts.com)

Plantgoddess+
05-22-2008, 05:32 PM
I just got an email from Paradise Fibers. They got in a shipment of Flat Feet yarn.
http://www.paradisefibers.net/Flat-Feet-Sock-Yarn-p/467513.htm

Knitting_Guy
05-22-2008, 06:00 PM
Wow that's different. Comes in flats eh? How many flats does it take to knit a pair of socks?

I'll have to find and try some of this some time. Very cool.

dustinac
05-22-2008, 07:25 PM
It only takes one flat...mom got hers today and says it's very neat...

I called her to let her know that it was on knitifacts and did she want me to order her some...she busted out laughing and said she had already ordered 2 ...one was to be a surprise for me...only thing is I have to wait till the end of June to get it :rofl:

Knitting_Guy
05-22-2008, 08:09 PM
Cool, I'll have to try it.

threesmom
05-22-2008, 08:24 PM
That looks like fun! Makes me all motivated to do more socks:mrgreen:

knitasha
05-23-2008, 03:28 PM
I guess I'm not as excited as I might be.
I mean, if I knitted a large piece of stockinette (on a machine, maybe, to avoid death by boredom), and painted it, wouldn't I have the same thing? It's a clever idea, but calling it "creative" and "art" seems a bit of an exaggeration. The results are completely random, and don't depend on the skill, talent or creativity of the knitter. If you're lucky, you get a nice effect; if you're not, you get something blobby and uninteresting. Cute novelty, but art it's not.