PDA

View Full Version : Searching for baby pattern

ewephoria
05-14-2008, 08:56 PM
1973 McCalls magazine featured a baby pattern simply called Norse Pullover in a section titled "McCall's Makes It Just for Baby" - no designer listed for pattern. Pattern is linked to a Ravelry post, but a friend who belongs couldn't save pattern. Anyone have any ideas for locating a copy of this pattern? Below is what sweater looks like--thanks in advance for any leads.

jijiewang
05-15-2008, 06:09 PM
Cute!

This is a round yoke sweater. Are you familar with Elizabeth Zimmerman's books? In her book "Knitting workshop", she taught how to knit such kind of sweaters. It is not line-by -line pattern, but knowledge about how to knit this type of sweater, you need to do your own calculations on gauge.

I followed her instructions and knit this (http://www.flickr.com/photos/18234085@N00/2432194882/in/photostream/).

I know. The patterns I did is different from the one you showhere. But this motif is easy. You can figure it out by looking at this picture.

Get this book, then you can knit this sweater,(and any other round yoke sweater for any size you want.)