PDA

View Full Version : Hooray For Thw Wii!

saracidaltendencies
05-15-2008, 02:23 AM
Ok, well, we've had the Wii for a while and I totally love it, but, it gets even better! Wii Fit will be available soon! :cheering: I TOTALLY want to get this! When we bought the Wii, we got the Sports Pack and man, playing those games is workout enough, but, this just rocks! Check it out HERE (http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-RVLRRFNE-Wii-Fit/dp/B000VJRU44/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1210832380&sr=8-1) and HERE (http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/wii-fit/wii-fit-review/1211635)

Now I can see some results from my love of the Wii! lol

tarrentella
05-15-2008, 03:08 AM
my Dad has a Wii and he loves it. He and his wife get so competative playing Wii Sports (and the kids version, the one with the racing knitted cows).It is great, he is a chronic depressive, so anything that gets him moving around , doing excercice etc is fantastic.

Not quite as athletic, but you should try Guitar Hero, very good fun!!

GinnyG
05-15-2008, 08:25 AM
I'm getting DH one for his birthday in July. He keeps telling me they are "exercise", I've been a bit skeptical.

dustinac
05-15-2008, 08:37 AM
We got ours last spring/summer...we play the sports one and the next morning my arms were so sore :teehee: ...the kids like the Mario soccer game...I'd like to get the wii fit but I prolly wouldn't keep it up :rofl: ...it is a lot of fun

Silver
05-15-2008, 08:53 AM
I LOVE our Wii. Technically it's my 16 year old son's but we keep it in the family room and we all enjoy it. It IS exercise compared to playing sports on other game systems. I don't recall ever getting sore muscles after playing golf on a Playstation. ;) When we first got Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2008, I was so sore the first week, I could barely lift my arm. :teehee: And Tennis? Bowling? All of them give me miscellaneous aches and pains. But then, maybe I'm just getting old.

And like Guitar Hero, Rock Band is also loads of fun! :thumbsup:

Jan in CA
05-15-2008, 01:59 PM
So funny you mentioned this! I was just reading an article in Time about it. It looks like fun!

We don't have Wii though. Do you have to have regular Nintendo or anything to use it? :??

saracidaltendencies
05-15-2008, 02:16 PM
Not quite as athletic, but you should try Guitar Hero, very good fun!!

We do have Guitar Hero, hubby loves it...I do too, but, I rarely get the chance to play it 'cause he hogs it all the time...lol

And Jan, you only need the Wii and the Wii fitness (I believe) to play it. I think the Wii Fitness comes with the basics: the game and the balance board. At least that's the impression I got from what I've read...lol

Carol_OH
05-16-2008, 11:08 AM
My son has one, but he recently moved out, so I need one now! Esp to play my Gamecube games!

Raeknitsnwa
05-16-2008, 01:20 PM
I love our Wii its great fun & man the workout your arms get from playing Tennis lol I have woken up many a mornings feeling like my arms were going to fall off I can't wait for Wii Fit to come out

saracidaltendencies
05-16-2008, 04:16 PM
Oh I know! When we first got the Wii hubby and I played like crazy! Woke up the next morning wondering why our muscles were so sore. My arms were sore from tennis and golf and my legs were killing me from bowling!

And, I think I was mistaken earlier...I think Wii Fit might actually be available, but, apparently there are shorts all over the US. I looked into it more on Amazon and I think they're just completely sold out. I saw it retails for $89.99 and there was a seller on Amazon asking over $300! Uh, I'll just wait until it's in stock again...lol

Silver
05-17-2008, 09:11 AM
The official release date is May 19th, but as far as I know, most places have been taking pre-sale orders which is why they're already sold out. Doh! I shoulda pre-ordered when I had the chance!!

Karina
05-17-2008, 03:16 PM
We got the wii when it first came out but the kids hardly ever used it, they soon found ways of playing the wii sports etc by just flicking their wrists or something so it actually does not work as an exercise machine in this house. It is now upstairs in one of the bedrooms and the kids use it to play Sims. They much prefer the 360 and playstation 3.

Cynamar
05-17-2008, 05:24 PM
Julianne told me the other day that there is a wii stripper pole coming out. She hasn't asked for it yet......

saracidaltendencies
05-17-2008, 10:30 PM
:roflhard: Oh man, that would be awesome!

Yeah, we learned it really doesn't take much movement to play the games, but, I still go full force hoping for at least a bit of a workout :teehee:

Karina
05-18-2008, 04:44 AM
What can I say, I have lazy kids. We will probably buy this as my husband did look at it when the info was first released and i think you can do skateboarding or snow boarding on it which my 7 year old son would really like.