PDA

View Full Version : Help with Egeblad

Squeekie
05-15-2008, 04:21 PM
I was interested in trying to make the attached Egelbad but I can't seem to find where it indicates what size needle to use. I see that there is a KAL for this but it appears that most people were increasing the size to be a throw. I was interested in making it the regular size. Thanks!

http://www.yarnover.net/patterns/doilies/kunststrik/egeblad.html

mwhite
05-15-2008, 04:25 PM
I used size 2 needles with size 10 cotton/rayon and did the extensions. I've yet to block it but knitting it was fun... Join us in the KAL!! I intend to do it again with size 2 or 3 and size 3/2 mercerized and just go by the pattern, no extensions.

Squeekie
05-15-2008, 04:46 PM
Thanks, mwhite. Would you happen to know the approximate finished size if you used #2's without the extensions? And one more question.....it is started on double pointed and then changed to circular?
Thanks again!

mwhite
05-15-2008, 04:51 PM
Thanks, mwhite. Would you happen to know the approximate finished size if you used #2's without the extensions? And one more question.....it is started on double pointed and then changed to circular?
Thanks again!

I don't know the size without extensions but should be able to find out on Ravelry...will check for you.

I started mine on DPNs but you can use magic loop if you like. I switched up to circulars as soon as I could, starting with 16", then 24" and finished it on 32".

mwhite
05-15-2008, 05:45 PM
Found this on Ravelry: http://www.ravelry.com/projects/gardengirl/egeblad

She used size 2 needles and #10 crochet cotton thread and it finished around 20".

gargoylelib
05-16-2008, 06:09 AM
Hi! Wanted to second the invite to come join us in the KAL. I'm
doing it first just as a doily so I can test the pattern out. I'm using
a lace weight yarn or according to Ravelry it is a light fingering/3 ply
and using size 3mm needles. I'm about half way through but am
slowing down as the stitch count increases haha....

I started mine using 2 circulars but only because that is my favorite
method for small diameter knitting in the round.

Hope you join in!
Libbie :)

Squeekie
05-16-2008, 09:05 AM
Thanks for the information!
I'll try to get the supplies this weekend. I have #2 double pointed needles but am pretty sure that I'll have to pick up #2 circulars and the thread/yarn. Looking forward to getting started.
Thanks again.

knitasha
05-19-2008, 11:08 PM
There are far too many things on my queue already, but that pattern is SO beautiful. Temptation lurks.