PDA

View Full Version : NEED PATTERN HELP!

paiva
05-15-2008, 08:21 PM
Hi everyone! Hope all is well. I am knitting this really great cardigan but have come across a glitch in the pattern that I need another pair of eyes to see...it's quite long, so bear with me the part I don't understand is in bold.

"Work in St. st. for two more rows, ending with RS facing.
On next row (RS), K6, P3, K to first marker, slip marker, K to second marker, slip marker, K3, P3, K1, P3, K3, slip third marker, K to 4th marker, slip marker, K to 9 before end, P3, K6.

Work 7 more rows, ending on a RS row. On next row (RS), begin this cable pattern (in brackets):
[R1: K3, C6F, work to first marker, slip marker, work to second marker, slip marker, C6F, K1, C6B, slip third marker, work to 4th marker, slip marker, work to 9 before end, C6B,K3.
R2-8: Work all stitches as established.]
Throughout the entire pattern, maintain this 8 row cable pattern while following all other instructions.
Continue working as established until you have completed 23 rows and have a RS facing (this should be R3 for your second cable pattern repeat). "
I am not sure where I start counting that "23" from?? any ideas? :shrug: :shrug:
--PAIVA

Knit4Pie
05-16-2008, 06:59 AM
I don't kow for sure without seeing the entire pattern before this part. It tells you where you should be though (this should be R3 for your second cable pattern repeat). So if you get to this point, are you 23 rows from the beginning?

At the start of what you wrote, it says "work in St. st. for two more rows..." What came before that?

paiva
05-16-2008, 07:19 AM
the only thing that came before was my CO and one row of purl stitches on the WS...
If I cound the rows from the very beginning, it dosen't match up..
I have knitted 19 rows in total thus far from the very first purl row on the WS up until the completion of the first entire cable pattern.
SO, in order to have 23 in total, I only get up to R4 of one cable repeat...not R3 of the second....

Knit4Pie
05-17-2008, 06:30 PM
Sorry I haven't been on.

If I'm not mistaken, you're on your 2nd repeat, if you've already been through the cable pattern once (as you mentioned). The way it's written, makes me think that more would come before that (work in St. st for two MORE rows). I'm stumped...unless there's a mistake.

It would make sense if you had a CO, a knit row (RS), a purl row (WS)(which establishes your St. st pattern), 2 more rows of St. st 4 rows, the row marked 'next row', 7 more rows 12 rows, one cable repeat 20 rows, 3 rows of cable repeat 23 rows...which is where you should be - 23 rows at R3 of second cable repeat.

Just the way I see it, but then I'm not looking at the pattern. If it's from a website, is there maybe an error page? What's the name of the pattern?

paiva
05-17-2008, 08:33 PM
HI THANKS FOR RESPONDING...
actually this pattern is online, but you have purchase it to view it.
I actually decided to fumble through it and see what happened....I stopped counting the rows and just continued until the R3 part and moved on. As I got through more and more of the pattern I noticed more and more mathematical mistakes.
I was supposed to have had 168 stitches after the next part (a bunch of increases) and wound up with like 172 so I had to actually P2tog a few times on the WS to make it right....
THEN after repeating another section of increases (which for my size was 10 times) I was supposed to have 207 stitches and wound up with like 218, so I had to do the increase section for the next size down...WHEW...
It stinks to b/c it's a cool pattern but I wrote the author an email last thursday and got no resp. (BOOO)
I might use this one as my "prototype" good thing I used cheap-o yarn b/c I would be so mad if it were the good brown sheep co yarn I planned to use.