PDA

View Full Version : Project for Knitting_Guy's Mom - Join Us!

auburnchick
05-16-2008, 05:18 PM
Hi all! Y'all probably know that Mason's (Knitting_Guy) mom will be starting another round of chemotherapy soon. I am organizing a project to make her hats or anything knitted (or crocheted, for that matter). I thought it would be something nice we could do for a fellow KH'er.

I'm posting a link to that thread here, in case some of you don't frequent the Charity forum.

Here's the link to the thread: http://knittinghelp.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1107434&postcount=1

No pressure...just didn't want to leave anyone out of the invite.

Knitting_Guy
05-16-2008, 05:19 PM
Very kind of you, thank you.

paiva
05-17-2008, 02:17 PM
knitting guy......I understand what you are going through. I actually lost my mother to Lung Cancer in 2004. I had just turned 26 and was 2 months away from my wedding. not an easy time. That's why I started knitting in the first place....to keep my hands and mind busy....and to make lots of hats and blankies and things.
Anything we can do...we will! Keep your chin up!

Cynamar
05-17-2008, 05:34 PM
I haven't lost mine but almost did when she had a triple bypass. It's rough when your mom is in bad shape. I had been with grandparents in that condition and it was so hard but nothing prepared me for seeing my mom like that.

Lisa R.
05-17-2008, 05:42 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your mom! My mom was just declared in remission in February. Praying you hear such good news before too long!

victoria arms
05-20-2008, 06:49 AM
Count me in. Victoria

victoria arms
05-21-2008, 07:21 PM
I have a hat done for Knitting guy's mom and I need to know where to send it. You can email me at (email deleted) Victoria

EDIT from mod - please don't put email addresses in your posts to avoid spambots grabbing it.

auburnchick
05-21-2008, 08:12 PM
PM'd you!

Thanks a bunch!!!

:muah:

blueygh2
05-21-2008, 08:20 PM
Oh I just wanted to state that I don't know how to knit caps,... but then I re-read the post to be sure, and it doesn't say it has to be caps, but I wonder what I could knit... or crochet...
Little strawberries? Don't have the yarn, and much less so, the time.

Is there a deadline to this? I might be tempted to do something,...

auburnchick
05-21-2008, 08:26 PM
Oh I just wanted to state that I don't know how to knit caps,... but then I re-read the post to be sure, and it doesn't say it has to be caps, but I wonder what I could knit... or crochet...
Little strawberries? Don't have the yarn, and much less so, the time.

Is there a deadline to this? I might be tempted to do something,...

Go to this (http://knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79683) thread. All of the details are there. :thumbsup:

Sissy
05-23-2008, 09:06 AM
:muah: Knitting Guy,
I am praying for your sweet mother.I hope her surgery goes well and she heals quickly! I am praying for peace for you also.Take it one day at a time. Your knitting will be a huge blessing to you.