PDA

View Full Version : How to post pics?

psquidy
05-17-2008, 10:28 AM
I know this has been asked a million times but i'm gonna do it again. I just got a new computer and i don't know how to work it yet.I want to post pics but can''t figure it out. I think i may have managed to post a link that you click on in a PM so that someone can see what i'm doing but i can't figure out how to have them up in the window so that as your reading the thread you see them and you don't have to click on anything to bring them up. I know it has to do with that manage attachments button at the bottom. Thanks!

dustinac
05-17-2008, 11:13 AM
Here (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34840)is a sticky that is very helpful on re-sizing photos and so you can post them...

I have kodak software so I always just click "best for web" then under manage attachments I browse for that photo...you can also take photos from flickr or other places...and add them here...if I do bring a photo from flickr I go under sizes and choose Medium/small and grab the url...then I start a post and click on the little yellow box that looks like it has mountains on it (between the remove link and quote buttons) click that...paste in the url and then it puts it into the post for me...:happydance:

Knitting_Guy
05-17-2008, 11:25 AM
Once you have the pics resized and posted to an image hosting site like Flicker, you can insert them into a post. While creating a post or a reply, in the message menu you'll see some icons.

One looks like a globe with a link symbol, the one to the right of that is a link symbol with a red X through it, and the one to the right of that sort of looks like a yellow post card. The post card one is the icon for posting the url to your image. Just click it and insert the url into the proper field and your image will be inserted into your post.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2306/2499644222_2974776775_o.jpg

of troy
05-17-2008, 01:04 PM
1--they must be in a digital format
-----either from a digital camera, or get film developed and pay $1 for a CD as well.

2--Put them on your computer.
---most digital cameras come with software and a cable.
---but you can also buy (or $20 or so) a CARD Reader. i
the card reader connects to your computer, you put the flash card in card reader, and then READ the dialog box.

3--once photo's are on your computer, you can:
---Edit them (some times your camera soft ware will do this, or you can use PhotoShop ($$$$) or Gimp (free download)
---upload to photo hosting services (ie, flicker, photobucket, kodak)
----email them (but its better to put photo's on photo hosting and invite people (family/friends to view)--faster too
---Post them to a blog or web page

the more TIME (and money) you invest in soft ware and hardware (cable/card readers/ extra flash cards) and in Learning how to use both, the easier it is.

allow at least 10 hours to learn your way around... as you go, read every menu that pops up.. take notes..

in a week or two, you'll be an expert. (its not hard, but you do have to learn you way around.. give your self some time to do that, and you'll do fine!