PDA

View Full Version : im so angry its unreal

susi
05-17-2008, 07:53 PM
ok first off sorry i dont get on here like i used to, but i dont get acess to the net often anymore.

think most people get that i love animals and rescue a lot ( i have 29 animals right now with at least 3 more feral cats fingers crossed on the way). i have 3 horses. i rescued an older horse 3 years ago who was in a terrible state. i have battled to get him looking ish ok ever since. anyway the long and short of it is he is thin, not bag of bones thin just ribby. i have had him vet checked hes fed etc etc. but a 'friend' called a rescue centre telling them that i am neglecting him. she told them that he was depressed (a total lie) and in a real mess. hes not. thankfully i know the lady that is in the looking into the now case as i did start buying horse feed off of her this year ( he was allergict to it so i had to change brands). i adore my horses and they could see that my other ponies look fab so its not me at all. id just love to know what ive done to upset this woman. the only thing i can think of is that i wouldnt break her horses in for her as i no longer ride.

anyway, i will shut up and go back to spitting feathers now (this happened a week ago and im actually angrier now than i was then as daft as it sounds) the case still has to be carried on as this woman rescues they have to treat it seriously evidently even though i have been told im doing nothing wrong at all.god i hate some people.

shut up now sorry

susi

Knitting_Guy
05-17-2008, 08:16 PM
Some folks are just mean.

saracidaltendencies
05-17-2008, 10:33 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that and it sounds like that woman did that out of spite for some reason. Unfortunately some people are just ignorant. It really sucks you have to go through that, but, I'm sure they'll find you're not at fault at all. Hoping for the best. :hug:

Silver
05-17-2008, 11:40 PM
Well the good thing is that you have vet records, proof that you're feeding him, and proof that your other horses are well cared for. So her claim will be proven false and she'll end up looking like the fool. Lots of love n hugs for all you do for your animals!! :hug: :heart: :hug:

Jeremy
05-18-2008, 12:42 AM
I'm very sorry about your troubles, especially in light of what you are trying to do.

Knit4Pie
05-18-2008, 07:51 AM
I have to say, I sometimes don't understand people at all. So sorry this person did that to you.

susi
05-18-2008, 08:30 AM
Some folks are just mean.

not quite the words im using hehe. i am now at the feeling sorry for her tbh. sad old lady who desperatly needs to get herself a life.

susi

susi
05-18-2008, 08:39 AM
i have calmed a little bit, but prehaps thats because we have a digger in digging muck heaps etc away (was already booked so not a oh my god i must do it kinda thing).

the only 2 things the people could find fault in me is the fact i had no bedding as my farmer who is alway reliable let me down for the first time in 3 years ( he had a problem with 1 of his kids so a good reason, hes also a good friend so i know he didnt do it deliberatly). and the fact i dont have enough grass.
as i had explained (goodness knows why i did but i did) to the woman i am trying to buy more land. i bought my house with 2 fat ponies that grass is a no no, then took on my old boy.

right now im justifying everything to everyone as if im doing something wrong!! she has actually done me a favour. my old lad came down with something the day before they came where he is loosing his coat and not re growing a new summer one. turns out the hay i had bought of of the nasty old woman had a poisenous plant in it that she knew can kill horses over time. i found out the otherday that a tell tell sine that the start of damage is coat loss. so the fact that i will never buy hay from her again is a good thing. its not a plant i could see (its green so kinda blends in).

anyway gona stop justifying myself now as i know ive done nothing wrong, as does the ladies that are coming to see me again in 3 weeks time (there that worried there leaving it 3 weeks lol).

will def shut up and carry on loading up the mini digger now. why im not a size 10 i'll never know, although prehaps the chocolate could be something to do with it hehe

susi

momwolf
05-18-2008, 09:18 AM
Some people just like to cause trouble because they have nothing else to do:tap: Please know that I appreciate all you do for animals:muah: Seeing animals abused is so heart wrenching.I am glad there are people like you who take in animals, especially horses, I know how much it costs to feed horses.The vet bills are also costly.So a big THANK YOU and slap the lady next door.:roflhard: Just kidding ,but ignore her if that is possible she is just a mean old lady.:!!!:

susi
05-18-2008, 01:12 PM
hehe you made me laugh with slap her. if she wasnt a pensioner i would want to kill the old witch (thats as polite as i can be really im afraid)> i love what i do, its more than a job. im so lucky i can do it tbh. they give me far far more than i can ever even think about giving to them. the plan is to buy somewhere with more land so i can take more on. im asked to take on so many that i just cant take. cats dogs etc i will take anything no matter what the state. horses etc i just dont have the land or the stables so 3 is my limit unfortunatly here. god help france when i get land hehe.

vets bills are damn scary. my latest is over 1000 euros for 1 issue with my horse, that funnily enough my vet added to, but thats another issue that i still must talk though with my vet.

im happy that the rescue centre is ok with me. im just waiting for the woman to turn up with a lorry in the middle of the night. i know shes done it before!!you can imagine the serious lack of sleep right now. ah well joys of animals. i still love them all to bits. i did think of just keeping what i have and just passing any further animals onto this rescue centre that im now in contact with. but i just couldnt not know how thet end up.

susi

CountryKitty
05-18-2008, 07:27 PM
That woman sounds like a miserable wench. Sorry you have to deal with someone like her. Are there no trespassing laws where you live? If someone showed up in the middle of the night to snatch one of my animals I'd have the police after her for theft and criminal trespass.

I think you're wonderful for taking in the poor horse. When I was 5 my parents rescued a pony with a terrible case of 'elf shoe'. Her hooves had grown so long and curled so badly that the ends were scraping her shins each time she stook a step. She actually recovered well enough that she couold run like the wind! We didn't have the room for her, so after she was a bit recovered a fellow with more experience with horses and a couple of boys old enough to handle a pony took her off our hands.

Sunshine's Mom
05-19-2008, 10:27 AM
Did you say that this woman who turned you in sells hay that she KNEW had a plant in it that can kill horses over a period of time? Sounds to me like you should turn the tables on her. She's knowingly poisoning horses. Is this her job - selling hay to farms and stables? If so, I wonder how many other people she's done this to. Gives them poisoned hay and when the horse looks ill she calls the authorities to turn someone in. Isn't that sociopathic behavior? She knowingly poisoned your horse!!! I'm outraged on your behalf. She should, at the very least, be paying the vet bills for his treatment, if not being arrested.

susi
05-19-2008, 01:57 PM
Did you say that this woman who turned you in sells hay that she KNEW had a plant in it that can kill horses over a period of time? Sounds to me like you should turn the tables on her. She's knowingly poisoning horses. Is this her job - selling hay to farms and stables? If so, I wonder how many other people she's done this to. Gives them poisoned hay and when the horse looks ill she calls the authorities to turn someone in. Isn't that sociopathic behavior? She knowingly poisoned your horse!!! I'm outraged on your behalf. She should, at the very least, be paying the vet bills for his treatment, if not being arrested.

i see you have the same view as me. i am livid. unfortunatly in france people dont know or care about the plant. there is huge neglect in france is terrible.

thankfully as i know more than my vet (scarey as that seems) i know theres no point in calling him in. i called a friend back in england whos a vet, shes told me what medication i need to forse my vet to sell me. as long as he gets better then thats all i care about.

to be honest im now questioning rescued animals at centres. how do people know that the past owners wernt trying and they were just taken because of a busy body. i never had the greatest respect for the rspca back in the uk so this dosent look good in my book.

if i did anything legal it would simply get me huge legal fees, i would get no where. i am waiting to hear that she is bad mouthing me. when she does i will be seeking legal advise, just to prove a darned point. im just now longing to move, even if i loose money on the house now. also when i move i can buy a llama and start producing my own yarn :cheering:

im glad that im not the only one that has thought of legal action against her. i was thinking i was just being nasty hehe

susi

susi
05-19-2008, 02:03 PM
That woman sounds like a miserable wench. Sorry you have to deal with someone like her. Are there no trespassing laws where you live? If someone showed up in the middle of the night to snatch one of my animals I'd have the police after her for theft and criminal trespass.

I think you're wonderful for taking in the poor horse. When I was 5 my parents rescued a pony with a terrible case of 'elf shoe'. Her hooves had grown so long and curled so badly that the ends were scraping her shins each time she stook a step. She actually recovered well enough that she couold run like the wind! We didn't have the room for her, so after she was a bit recovered a fellow with more experience with horses and a couple of boys old enough to handle a pony took her off our hands.

the fact that you took the pony in and cared and loved it is the main thing even of you cant keep the animal. im lucky i dont have to work, i can be at home all day to care for all the animals and my son, i know im really lucky. they are a creature you really need at home to care for properly (liverys great but your not there ar 1am if there ill). keeping horses in france isnt as expensive as back in the uk, its scary there.

unfortunatly hooves like that are common. my old lad had a milder version and still had his shoes on. he had such bad teeth he couldnt eat, every meal before i managed to get him i spent 20 mins helping him eat as he would choke. he was so full of worms that he could have gotten colic at any time. my then vet said that he had 6 months left at best. this was over 3 years ago and hes looking great now. just a little more weight and hes there :woot:

i am lucky though my vet knows i can do a lot of the procedures myself. so that saves me a small fortune. there fun though all of them

susi