PDA

View Full Version : pattern "Cracked Ice" from Knitter's 2005

Betty Sue
05-19-2008, 07:37 PM
has anyone knit this sweater? I am desperate for help with pattern instructions and can find no one able to assist me.

I knit the sweater once (took me a year teaching myself) it is nothing to brag on...I have now worked for another year on my second one and have ripped it more than I have knit on it :frog:
...I am determined to finish with a sweater I can be proud to say
"I did it!"

knitasha
05-19-2008, 10:59 PM
Sorry -- but what's your question?
The more specific you are the more we can help.

suzeeq
05-20-2008, 12:30 AM
Yes, even if we haven't knit the pattern, posting what part you're having trouble with can help us figure it out.

Betty Sue
05-20-2008, 06:12 PM
Front and Back no problem....work in 3 or 5 Starburst Pattern (lace effect)...1-4 rows 36 times and then work until armhole 7"

Shape Neck [therein lies the problem]
[work] 26 sts, join 2nd ball of yarn and bind off center 35 sts, work to end. Working both sides at same time, [work 3 rows even] what does "work" and "work even" mean...knit, purl, or Starburst? Do you need more info?

I knit this sweater the first time knitting the sts but it didn't look right so now I am trying to do it in the Starburst pattern but the sleeves do not fit in the armholes. I am so tired of rip-outs and do-overs! :wall: :waah:
I am including a picture for you to see the sweater
http://themuellerclan.com/photos/Cracked_Ice.jpg

astonh
05-23-2008, 03:42 PM
I'm getting ready to do something with similar instructions and was told that "work" meant to work in the set pattern. Since you are doing the entire thing in Starburst, I would venture to say that you would "work" that pattern for the required number of stitches.

I'm a little stumped on "work even". If I find out, i'll holler back but I'm sure someone who actually knows what they are talking about will speak up first.

Beautiful and I can't wait to see it!

Betty Sue
05-23-2008, 06:37 PM
thanks for the reply....I did knit this when trying to learn so my first attempt has LOTS of flaws but I wear it anyway!!
http://themuellerclan.com/photos/sweater.jpg

Jaxhil
05-28-2008, 06:46 PM
Betty Sue, I just wanted to say that is LOVELY (flaws?? what flaws?? :D) It looks gorgeous on you, well done :thumbsup:

I hope you posted in the whatcha knittin' forum!

Wanda Witch
05-28-2008, 07:29 PM
Hey, looks great to me. Think you did a bang-up job, and as someone ssaid, "what flaws?" Only you will know that. Keep up the great work.